The notice period is the time period between the receipt of the letter of dismissal and the end of the last working day. This time period has to be given to an employee by his employer before his employment ends. It also refers to the period between the resignation date and the last working day in the company when an employee resigns. A notice period is the amount of time an employee has to give from the time he or she decides to quit until he/she actually stops working.
What are the tasks an employee works on during the notice period?
- Complete all the pending tasks
- Share knowledge or skills with other colleagues
- Pay all dues within the company
- Submit all the company’s accessories like laptop, keys, ID, Books, etc
- Complete all release documentation process