Job Description of Executive Recruiter
We are looking for an executive recruiter with relevant experience. As an executive recruiter, your role will include hiring executive personnel for top managerial and senior-level positions in our company.
You will be actively involved in identifying suitable candidates, screening and hiring, salary negotiation and onboarding.
If you specialise in more than one industry and have a well-connected network, this is the job for you!
- Understand the job requirements and draft optimal Job Descriptions for senior-level roles within the organization.
- Develop a suitable recruiting strategy.
- Advertise for vacancies on professional networking sites such as LinkedIn, online job portals and other consultancies for high profile jobs.
- Locate and network with candidates who would fit into the required skills and culture of the organization
- Assess resumes and cover letters.
- Perform a background and reference check.
- Document and record the interviews.
- Connect with the new employees and conduct on-boarding and orientation sessions.
- Coordinate training sessions if needed for the new employees.
- Attend career and networking events.
- Serve as a liaison with employment agencies and industry associations
- Conduct an exit interview for terminating employees.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Fluent language and communication skills.
- Familiarity with HR Tools in addition to SAP and Excel.
- Great networking skills.
- Prior experience of transacting with online job portals, employee agencies and educational institutions.
- Knowledge of HR best practices and applicable laws.
- Well versed with the current developments in the HR Industry.
- Ability to study human behaviour and understand human psychology.
- Prior work experience of minimum XX years.
- Specialization in Human Resources from an Institute of acclaim.
- Any other certificate courses are an added bonus.
Sample Executive Recruiter Job Descriptions
Amazon is a fast-growing business that needs a strong Research Associate to help scale by identifying and recruiting top talent to fill our management roles. There is no greater reward in recruiting than seeing candidates you have placed have a significant, positive impact on the business.
The Associate will perform search execution for management positions within Amazon. This search specialist will utilize a range of skills to find the best talent for Amazon including research, networking and candidate development. This role will drive results by:
- Conducting research to map our markets and generate candidate names and profiles
- Creating robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers
- After demonstrating capability in research, developing those prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing an initial assessment
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
- Participating in client update meetings on active searches and preparing reports
- Shadowing on-site interviews and debriefs
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership
To be successful, you will need to leverage lessons learned in executive recruiting with either an in-house executive search team for blue-chip, global firms, preferably in the technology industry, or as an Associate in a large retained executive search company or a search boutique.
You will need to exhibit the following traits:
- Ability to effectively create robust search and talent mapping strategies, finding new pockets of talent for the organization
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- Highly articulate, able to convey complex arguments and engage with senior-level executives in a polished and professional manner
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet
The ideal candidate needs exceptional research, executive sourcing and assessing skills, and a personality that can keep up with an entrepreneurial, fast-paced recruiting culture. He/she will be someone who can work autonomously and as part of a team, who is articulate with solid oral and written communication skills, and who is a good listener. He/she must also be organized and able to manage multiple activities to completion.
There is room to rise within the company and take on greater positions of responsibility as appropriate.
- Executive recruiting experience with consumer or technology firms/roles, ideally a mix of agency and in-house.
- Bachelor’s degree
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
#2 Vivinit Solar
Vivint Solar is the brighter and more affordable way to power your home. We believe people should have a choice in how to produce the energy they use to live every day. This is why we’re making it easy for people nationwide to choose to go solar. We’re proud to be a leader in the renewable energy industry.
In order to be the best residential solar provider, we need to hire the best people. We are looking for an experienced Executive Recruiter that will help us do just that. This individual will manage and drive the full recruitment process all while serving up exceptional candidate experience. This Executive Recruiter will be expected to create candidate pipelines by creatively sourcing through multiple channels, screening resumes, interviewing, and closing candidates, all while working with hiring managers to provide the highest level of recruiting service.
In this role you will
- Partner with the Head of Talent and the executive team to determine talent needs at the Vivint Solar executive level
- Assist in the overall Vivint Solar approach for attracting, recruiting, and hiring senior leaders
- Devise a market mapping and research strategy to build and maintain a pipeline of key executive talent in anticipation of future needs.
- Drive the full lifecycle of the executive search process – including partnering with C-level leader on position definition, search strategy and candidate requirements, developing recruiting strategies and offers and negotiations
- Maintain reporting/tracking and analytical data regarding all facets of the leadership hiring process and pipeline
- Conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios
- Ensure an impressive candidate experience through thorough communication and timely feedback, as well as interviewer preparedness and effective interview format
- Represent Vivint Solar with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience preferably with in-house executive corporate recruiting experience
- Experience in a fast-growing tech company with experience recruiting across various functions
- Ability to lead strategic recruiting initiatives and hiring priorities in partnership with key business stakeholders and leaders
- Influence executive leaders in an advisory/consulting capacity in a rapidly scaling environment with a strong understanding of equity components
- Comfortable in direct sourcing and experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing methodologies and tools, including proactive phone and internet research
- An expert level of knowledge in all full life-cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Results-driven work ethic with the ability to keep a sense of urgency under ever-changing circumstances
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, colour, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.
#3 Pitney Bowes
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Senior Talent Advisor, Executive Recruitment for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and the foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We are actively looking for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions
A performance-driven Individual who understands the importance of senior-level searches across different business functions. You will have sound professional judgement and will be able to adapt to various situations quickly and with agility.
As a Senior Talent Advisor, Executive Recruitment, you will be joining our Executive Recruitment team and report to the Director of Executive Recruitment.
You will have responsibility for executive-level Director and above searches across Pitney Bowes business units. You will need to be comfortable with all components of the executive search process including creative candidate sourcing, diverse candidate generation and development, client management, offer/negotiation and reporting.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Conducting research to map target companies and the right candidates for Pitney Bowes
- Developing search strategies, performing thorough assessments and presenting qualified diverse candidates
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers and senior leaders
- Developing prospects into candidates and engaging them throughout the process
- Continually educate the broader team on relevant industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out relevant talent networks, leveraging industry sources to develop an on-going pool of diverse candidates
- Leading business partner status meetings on active searches
- Conducting on-site interviews and participating in debriefs
- Meeting quarterly goals for time-to-fill, cost per hire, diverse candidate slates, candidate pipelines, and required applicant tracking updates
- Willingness to flex to support recruiting for roles at all levels
As a Senior Talent Advisor, Executive Recruitment, you have:
- 8+ years of Recruiting experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with executive candidate sourcing, candidate and market research, interviewing techniques, candidate assessments, and use of recruitment tools
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and think strategically
- Strong business acumen combined with strategic business partnership and consulting which delivers tangible results
- Have a deep understanding of strategic business priorities and how the organization makes money
- Proven experience recruiting for Financial Services revenue-producing roles
- Exhibits excellent judgment, verified by results of successful placements
- Thinks creatively and acts on it
- Demonstrates conviction and gravitas without ego
- Inspires others
- Provides superior client service
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.