Executive Recruiter Job Description Template
An executive recruiter, also known as an executive headhunter, is a specialized professional responsible for identifying and recruiting top-tier candidates to fill senior management and executive roles within organizations. They employ a range of methods to source potential candidates, evaluate their qualifications, assess cultural fit, and conduct confidential interviews.
What is an Executive Recruiter?
An Executive Recruiter acts as a management consultant who is involved in sourcing, engaging, and selecting the best talent for senior and executive roles within organizations. They also serve as a bridge between the company and candidates, rolling out offer letters and communicating rejections. Furthermore, executive recruiters are adept at account management and having regular connect with different departments in a company to understand their specific needs for requisition.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Executive Recruiter to join our team. As an Executive Recruiter, your main job will be to find and bring in top-level talent for important roles in our company. You will evaluate candidates, talk to them in confidence, and oversee the hiring process, which includes setting up interviews. You will be the main link between candidates and our clients, offering jobs to candidates and handling the tricky job of letting others know they were not selected. In this role, you will work as a consultant, focused on finding, engaging, and picking the best people for important positions in our company.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in line with industry standards, recognizing your expertise and contributions.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Executive Recruiter, your primary mission is to find, attract, and hire exceptional talent for key positions within our organization. Your essential roles and responsibilities include:
- Your core responsibility will be to discover and attract outstanding talent for our organization’s crucial positions.
- Assess candidates to verify they possess the required qualifications, skills, and experience for senior and executive roles.
- Act as the main point of contact for candidates, providing them with information about our organization, job roles, and addressing their inquiries.
- Conduct confidential candidate interviews to determine their suitability and fit within the organization’s culture.
- Rolling out job offers to the selected candidates, negotiating compensation, and facilitating the hiring process, including conducting reference checks and background verifications.
- Professionally communicate non-selection to candidates, maintaining a positive and respectful candidate experience.
- Maintain precise records of candidate interactions, interview outcomes, and other pertinent information in our recruitment database.
- Ensure that all recruitment processes and practices adhere to legal and ethical standards.
- Regularly provide reports on the progression of the recruitment process to internal stakeholders and clients.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, Psychology or a related field
- Expertise in executive recruiting, including candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selection
- Strong understanding of the executive landscape
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Business acumen and market insights
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 2+ years of experience in executive recruiting
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems (ATS) and other recruiting software
- Specialization in Human Resources from an Institute of Acclaim.
- Any other certificate courses are an added bonus.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does an Executive Recruiter Do?
An Executive Recruiter is someone who partners with companies to find and hire top talent for senior-level positions. They work closely with clients to understand their needs and develop a recruiting plan. They then use their extensive networks and expertise to identify and attract qualified candidates
What education does an Executive Recruiter need?
Executive recruiters typically have a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, psychology or a related field. Some may also have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or management and leadership. While a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement, employers prefer candidates with experience in the field, specific industries, or functional areas.
How to become an Executive Recruiter?
To become an executive recruiter, you need a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Human Resources or Business Administration. Experience in executive recruiting, which you can gain through internships, entry-level positions, or related roles. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. A professional network of recruiters and industry contacts.
How much do Executive Recruiters earn?
If you are just starting out, you can expect to earn between ₹300,000 and ₹500,000 per year. As you gain experience, your salary can go up to ₹500,000 and ₹1,000,000 or more. The most experienced recruiters can earn over ₹1,000,000 per year. You will also tend to earn more if you live in a big city and if you specialize in an industry that is in high demand. Your salary will typically be a mix of base salary, commissions, and bonuses. How much you earn will depend on how well you negotiate and how well you perform.