Job Description – Vice President/ VP Sales
We are looking for a Vice President in Sales with a proven track record of improvements in revenues as well as volumes in ____________industry.
As a Vice President in Sales, you will be responsible for developing and implementing new sales and marketing strategies, supervising regional teams, coordinating with the public relations team, and giving active inputs to the product development team.
You may also be expected to travel to the local markets if the need arises.
- Establish monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales targets.
- Devise sales strategies to meet sales targets.
- Identify various opportunities to meet targets.
- Supervise the regional sales teams.
- Create new sales points and distribution centers.
- Act as a bridge between the market and the product development team.
- Participate in trade fairs and conferences.
- Ensure that public relations are well maintained.
- Present the company’s sales and marketing performance at various companies and investor meetings.
- Supervise print as well as digital marketing campaigns.
- Encourage research on potential customers.
- Conduct in-house seminars and training sessions for the sales team.
- Network at various levels to bring more business to the company.
- Minimum X Years of relevant experience.
- An MBA in Sales and Marketing from a well-recognized institution.
- Well-versed with MS Office and SAP.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales and penetrate newer markets.
- Knowledge of best sales practices and methods.
- Up to date with the current market trends.
- Team player with solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Samples from other companies
Shivrai Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is an IT company involved in the development of FarmERP – a Future-ready smart Agriculture ERP platform. We are pioneers in digitizing agriculture since 2001 and have 18+ years of strong experience in Tech powering agribusinesses. This smart ERP offers digital transformation for any agribusiness, through advanced technologies like IoAT, AI, ML, BI, and Blockchain.
FarmERP is a Smart Agriculture ERP platform being used globally in the Agri industry for procurement, processing, supply chain, financial management and data-driven analytics. This highly scalable, configurable, and future-ready software platform helps stakeholders to practice Digital Agriculture 4.0 to achieve profitable and sustainable agribusiness. FarmERP is being practiced over 500,000 Acres of farmland in more than 20+ countries. With 23 Modules and 600 + screens, it is a single digital platform that serves 13 agriculture industry segments.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Define plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales targets.
- Creating a successful culture of ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the sales teams, operations, and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Optimum allocation and use of assigned budgets.
- Hire, build and develop a sales team.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Involvement in knowing the customer expectations and contribution towards customer satisfaction.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions.
- Close association with marketing function to plan and establish channel partners.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Planning & Management | Team Management | Selling and Negotiations | Business Development | Channel Management | Client Relationship Management
12+ years of Sales exposure in the Product Sales as well as Services sales realm of IT. ERP / Agtech experience would be a plus.
Actively into leadership, growth, mentoring with an emphasis on Software Product Sales, IT Services, Customer Management, Account farming, driving teams to achieve beyond the expected.
Well-versed with the complete Product Lifecycle Management, building technology products grounds up, IT services, solutioning & Enterprise Digital Transformation roadmaps.
Technology selling experience into Mobility, Cloud, Collaboration & Analytics space
#2 Westin Hotels and Resorts:
Start Your Journey with Us
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, one of the prominent hotels in the city, strategically situated to accommodate both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is situated in the heart of HITEC City and provides business travelers with easy access to many international corporations as well as the world-class Hyderabad International Convention Center. It is also well connected with the International Airport and surrounded by the offices of Major IT companies. Comprising of 427 guest rooms, suites, 7 unique F&B offerings, the Heavenly SPA by Westin™ among other amenities, the hotel is among the most sought-after destinations in the city. It has 25000 sq. ft. of banquet space with a sprawling Westin Lawn, to cater to any occasion, be it wedding or corporate retreats.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service, and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who is positive, adaptable, and intuitive and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department for properties with bookings over 300 peak rooms and significant local catering revenue. Manages the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts. Provides day-to-day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of the hotel’s sales objectives. Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develop strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property. Manages the marketing budget to enable the development of property-specific campaigns, promotions, and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property associates and provides a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 year’s experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 year’s experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year college degree.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
- Lodging sales experience.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
- Manages the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with Regional Marketing Communications.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Attends sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Evaluates and supports participation and account deployment with Area Sales and Group Sales within the Sales Office.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, property leadership team, Group Sales, and Area Sales leaders.
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Serves as the property sales liaison with Area Sales, Group Sales, Revenue Management, Event Management, Regional Marketing Communications and other hotel departments as appropriate.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Supports the General Manager by coordinating crisis communications.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence).
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g., Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of the hotel’s sales objectives.
- Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional, and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues, and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department for properties with bookings over 300 peak rooms and significant local catering revenue.
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and staff.
- Coaches leaders of revenue-generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Verifies Sales team understands and is leveraging Marriott International (MI) demand engines to full potential.
- Works with Human Resources, Engineering, and Loss Prevention to monitor compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Creates effective structures, processes, jobs, and performance management systems are in place.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP), align performance and rewards, addresses performance issues, and holds staff accountable for successful results.
- Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with Human Resources (HR) to minimize lost time due to turnover.
- Maintains an active list of the competition’s best salespeople and executes a recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
- Supports tools and training resources to educate sales associates on winning catering solutions.
- Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining, and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales & marketing talent; works with HR to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Identifies, trains, and mentors group sales associates; utilizes all available on-the-job training tools for associates.
- Transfers functional knowledge and develops group sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales within the Sales Office, electronic lead channels, etc.) and develop strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable the development of property-specific campaigns, promotions, and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
#3 Vivriti Capital
About the team and role
Vivriti Capital seeks a dynamic individual to head the entire pre-sales area of ‘CredAvenue’. The incumbent will arrive at a sales and commercial strategy for CredAvenue, create technical and commercial proposals, conduct product demos, product walk-throughs. The role will also be a key contributor in providing proactive and responsive inputs related to Product enhancements, Market expectations, Competition offerings.
- Arrive at a sales and commercial strategy: define what can be monetized on cred avenue, pricing methodology, packages that can be offered to clients and investors. Provide leadership inputs for developing appropriate costing and pricing models.
- Define and deliver effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for the product or smaller product lines and different customer segments.
- Get a through an understanding of the platform, reach out to new clients and target audience to pitch the platform. organize and deliver successful Product Demos and walkthroughs and deliver on the sales targets
- Lead, plan and effectively ensure different ‘off the shelf modules/ features that get developed seamlessly get integrated.
- Own and significantly build up product and marketing collaterals, disseminate them appropriately
- Provide content and conduct Internal Training Programs within the organization for improving product knowledge and market knowledge. Be a subject matter expert in terms of the platform itself – get a thorough understanding of the platform, reach out to new clients and target audience to pitch the platform
- Closely collaborate with the Cred Avenue operations team, Technology team, and the business team to onboard clients on the platform,
Desired Skills and Experience –
- Bachelors degree with a specialization in marketing. MBA in a top-tier B school will be an added advantage.
- 12- 14 year’s experience in IT/ product Sales or enterprise software out of which 3 to 4 years in product sales leadership role. Experience in the BFSI sector and/or enterprise Finance product firms will be preferred.
- Product or content marketing experience is a must. Digital marketing exposure will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and clear and persuasive writing and speaking style
- Excellent operational and project management, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines and expectations
- Strong systems thinking – the ability to break down business objectives into executional projects, functional steps, and processes
- Collaborative team player with great interpersonal skills and an exceptional ability to work effectively cross-functionally and with executive leadership
We assure you
- An opportunity to play a formative role in an ambitious financial services marketplace spanning investment banking, debt capital markets, institutional finance, retail lending, and asset management
- A journey that will challenge and reward you in a manner few others will.