HR Operations Manager Job Description Template
We at ____________ (company name) are looking for an ambitious HR Operations Manager to oversee all functions of our Human Resources department and provide support to our employees across departments. The HR professional will serve as the leader of the company’s human resources team. He/she will be required to develop policies and direct and coordinate human resources activities.
This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a fast-paced work environment with many opportunities for growth. Ultimately, you will have to ensure our HR initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
HR Operations Manager’s key responsibility includes maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The candidate needs to set objectives for the HR team, track progress, maintain internal HR systems and databases, and manage budgets for the growth of the company and the employees. Other duties include:
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements
- Implement new company policies
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress based on metrics
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools
- Address employees’ queries on issues related to compensation and labor regulations, and all other relevant topics
- Manage and oversee the whole recruiting and hiring process
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors
- Asses and maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of the same
- Complete HR operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Proven work experience as an HR Operations Manager, HR Manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of Employment and Labour law
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop and successfully implement clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Team management skills
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
- MSc in HR is a plus
Permanent Job, Full Time
As per the industry standards.
Samples Job Descriptions
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
We are looking for a smart, energetic and well-organized HR Operations Manager to join our Human Resources team in Chicago, IL. As the HR Operations Manager reporting to the Head of HR, you will help manage all daily HR operations and guide the HR team and spearhead HR and compliance projects.
- Manage employee benefits, including broker/ vendor relationships, enrollment, claims resolution, and general employee inquiries
- Manage employee LOA, including maternity leave, disability, FMLA and similar programs internationally
- Manage the administration of the company’s 401K plan, prepare related employee communications and conduct audits to ensure accuracy of plan information
- Manage the employee onboarding and offboarding processes to enhance new and departing employee experience
- Oversee global immigration, including green cards, H1Bs international work permits and business visitor visas
- Maintain and communicate internal HR policies; manage personnel files and completion of employee-related legal documents; stay on top of changing laws both local and national
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures
- Project manage the annual employee performance review process, including project timeline and overall execution
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including completion of mandatory reporting
- In partnership with the Compensation team in Essen, create a comprehensive compensation policy and guidelines.
- Ensure data integrity by way of driving best practices through systems/tools, processes, auditing, and internal tracking
- Act as the primary HR point of contact for all security audits and work with internal teams and manage HR compliance documentation, process and audits
- Ensure HR audit and control processes and controls are developed and followed in compliance with Federal and California state laws and internal policies and procedures
- Works closely with Insperity as the PEO liaison.
- Assists employees with human resources needs and communicates with Insperity on employee changes and issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university;
7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel. Ability to create and use technical spreadsheets. SAP experience and HRIS experience preferred.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON Climate and Renewables
E.ON is a leading global renewable player and has invested over 10 bn Euro in the renewables business. We play a leading role in the development of the renewables industry worldwide and currently operate over 5 GW of renewable capacity. We plan to expand this portfolio by 2.4 GW until 2020. We focus on onshore, offshore and photovoltaic business in Europe and North America. This means we employ a highly diverse range of talents. Engineers, project managers, business developers, HR professionals – our business is home to all these and more, dedicating themselves to generating energy from onshore and offshore wind technology, photovoltaic. E.ON Climate & Renewables is responsible for E.ON Group’s global activities in industrial-scale renewables.
Accountable for leading and overseeing the delivery of HR products, services, and solutions to business units to include, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of training, performance management, and HR investigations.
Accountable for driving, delivering, and gaining early adoption of talent and development programs, individual development plans, succession planning, performance management, performance planning and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE Programs for the assigned business units.
- Accountable for managing and overseeing all HR processes for assigned business units to include the escalation of HR delivery opportunities related to employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified by HRBP and/or HR shared services.
- Maintain employee records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and attrition rates.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate leadership and tools are deployed into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws.
- Collaborates with business leaders and other HR, Employee Relations, and Asset Protection teams to optimize the delivery of meaningful, cost-effective HR products, services, and solutions in a timely manner.
- Conducts and/or collaborates with HR to support functions to include new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Partners with business leaders and HR Shared Services on escalated employee relations cases, conduct appropriate investigations, and brings matters to a reasonable business conclusion. Further escalates cases of significance to higher HR/ER/Legal team members that have the potential of a business unit and/or company-wide impact.
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Drive continuous improvement and service delivery excellence throughout the business unit or site’s HR functions by identifying and adopting best practices, maintaining a proactive sense of the business’ needs, and analyzing competitors’ activities within the business sector.
- Accountable for the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out and ensures communication, training, and compliance by the team/ business unit of such deployments.
- Accountable for achieving Affirmative Action labor goals. Tracking good faith efforts and working with partners to develop a diverse and inclusive working environment.
- Accountable for creating, fostering, managing, and effecting a positive employee relations environment which drive engagement, inclusion, and ensures an environment free of harassment in any form.
- Accountable for identifying training needs and partnering with appropriate HR resources and L&D team members to find solutions to training gaps so as to drive performance and competency improvements within the market
- Participates in workforce planning for supported businesses within the market and provides supporting justification during the roll-up process.
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for an assigned business unit or site(s), in consultation and collaboration with other HR team members and business leaders.
- Utilizes appropriate metrics to ascertain program and HR service delivery compliance and the early recognition of deployable best practice modifications.
- Ensures that assigned market maintains a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighbourhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years’ experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition, or a High School diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- At least 1 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- PHR/SPHR certification
- At least 3 years of experience handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances or negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience in the call center industry.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience delivering HR training and education programs
Senior Manager, People Operations
About The Job
You’ll be an advocate of WiLine’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people’s decisions are based on data. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our companies, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help leaders understand how people decisions get made.
As a People Partner (formerly known as HR Business Partner/HRBP), you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You’ll create the end-to-end people strategy that will support the companies in realizing their ambitions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention and, in some cases, to reinvent how work is done.
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Consult with leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change over functions.
- Talent acquisition and talent strategy planning with leaders.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex. Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Use and request data strategically — Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions. Interpret complex analyses and tie back to business priorities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of HR business partner or generalist experience supporting senior leaders at global companies.
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, Talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- BA/BS, MA/MS or MBA degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.