Remote Interviews are ones where an interviewer and a candidate are located in a different location. These types of interviews are done over video conferences. Remote Interviews are generally used in the initial stage of the recruitment process for candidate screening. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, remote working and remote hiring have proved very much beneficial.
Important factors during a Remote Interview
- Communicate the details of the meeting which will be easy for the entire process.
- Preparing the technology to avoid glitches.
- Checking proper types of equipment and Network connection.
- Always have a backup plan.
- Minimize the distractions like a phone call during the interview.
- Dress like a professional.
- Paying attention to the body language or expressions.