Form 49B is an application form under section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 for the assignment of TAN number (Tax deduction or collection account number). TAN is a 10 digit unique number that is allotted to all the entities that can collect tax on behalf of the Income Tax department. TAN registration would be required to deduct TDS on transactions.
Contents of Form 49B
- The first section contains details of the office and the designation of the person.
- The second section requires the complete residential address of the individual.
- The third section is to provide the nationality of the person.
- TAN number has to be filled in the next section.
- Form submission data has to be provided in the next section.
- Details of the assessing officer are to be provided by the applicant.
- Applicant has to submit his/her personal details.
- At last, the applicant has to provide a signature or thumb impression.