Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions
As a technical support engineer, the candidate will be required to solve the IT issues of customers. Through an in-office or a remote setup, the support will help customers tackle problems related to software, hardware and connectivity. An ideal candidate will have proficient knowledge of the industry, effective communication and interpersonal skills and a zeal to solve problems.
The below questions will help you find the right fit for the role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a technical support engineer should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Walk us through a typical troubleshooting process.
- What are the key differences between SDK and API?
- What are the shortcomings of using imaging software?
- How can you manually edit the BOOT.INI file?
- What is overclocking?
- The screen display isn’t visible, but you know that the monitor has no issues. What could be the problem?
- The computer goes into a restart mode every time I switch it on. I had not installed or updated anything. How do you solve it?
- Tell us about a time you couldn’t solve a customer’s complaint. What did you do?
- Do you prefer solving a client’s problem in-person or through remote desktop?
- Explain the functionality of BIOS and BIAS.
- Which ERP software are you familiar with?
- Tell us about a client issue that you had never heard of earlier.
- Which remote desktop tools do you use?
- Tell us about your comfort with tight deadlines.
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.