Job Description of IT Recruitment Specialist
We are seeking IT Recruitment Specialists for our organization. _______(Name of organization) is an equal opportunity organization looking for individuals who are self-motivated and detail-oriented. Since technology is developing at a rapid pace, we require go-getters with the desired technical skills to help us put in place a team of experts par excellence. If you think your capabilities match our zeal for success then read on to understand how you can be part of our enthusiastic team.
As an IT Recruitment Specialist, you need to be able to delve deep into CVs that come your way to ascertain the right fit for our organization. You will be responsible to optimise the search process in a cost-effective manner. Enlisting the best candidates, increasing employee retention, and building a strong team for your company would come under your purview.
Keeping abreast of current market knowledge with reference to technology, digital salaries, hiring trends and applicable laws would give you a better chance to come on board with us. Good communication and networking skills will definitely work to your advantage. The ability to work independently as well as with a team is a skill we look forward to.
- Build the brand value of the company at various talent hire programs and recruitment drives.
- Employ online and offline content strategies to create brand awareness.
- Have technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles
- Create job ads with technical job descriptions to attract the right candidate who can bring much more to the table than his/her technical skills.
- Employ vital platforms such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and other such professional social networks for posting the ads.
- Use niche platforms like Stack Overflow and Github to source potential candidates.
- Evaluate specialized skills and qualifications to screen resumes of IT candidates.
- Liaise with key business partners in IT to forecast organization goals and hiring needs.
- Prepare various methods to evaluate candidates including structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions.
- Document the results of various interviews conducted for potential candidates
- Maintain a database of candidates who could be potential hires in future
- ____________ Degree with ____ years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of hiring practices and existing laws.
- Experience in building the talent pool for the IT department of the company
- Ability to work individually within the requirement of the job profile as well as coordinate with the other departments to achieve common goals of the company
- The ability to think analytically so as to consider all applicants and recommend the right fit for the organization.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to network in order to build an exemplary IT department for the company
About __________ (Company Name)
Brief description of your company.
Samples Job Descriptions from other Companies
Do you want to gain valuable skills and experience working as a contractor?
ACCENTURE CONTRACTOR EXCHANGE Solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology, operations, and security. Develop and enhance your skills and experience, working across diverse teams, projects, and industries.
- Accountable for the delivery of candidates to meet the recruiting demand based on a Recruiting Plan for contracting demands. Able to manage pre and post onboarding issues and act as a business partner to project stakeholders.
- Creating and delivering information effectively and appropriately in both written and oral formats to convey key messages to peers, leadership, and stakeholders, and vendors/suppliers from conducting interviews, communicating offers, providing marketplace data analysis.
- Responsible for day to day management, maintenance, and continuous improvement of recruiting processes, including planning, sourcing, assessing, reporting
- Managing a recruiting pipeline including determining resource status and needs, and managing referral and post-offer processes
- Participating in developing appropriate policies and implementing systems that comply with legal issues and requirements of employee labor laws
- Minimum 10 years experience in recruitment and with experience managing stakeholders, hiring managers, and suppliers
- With Account Management experience in talent fulfillment and/or staffing needs
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable of local Employment Regulations
Nice to have:
Any recruitment certification/s
#2 Seek Asia – IT Recruitment Specialist
Position: Full Time
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Required Skills: Business DevelopmentDiplomaInformation TechnologyITSoftware Developer
Job Description: We are seeking individuals that are driven, dynamic, and have a passion for people, and would like a career that will value add to the lives and careers of people.
- Review, understand and support in the fulfilment of recruitment needs of our clients
- Developing potential candidate pipeline through a variety of avenues and platforms
- Candidate recommendation report writing and analysis
- Presentation of short-listed profiles to the client and obtain relevant feedback
- Support in business development by introducing the company’s services to prospects
- Good academic background in any discipline
- Min 2 years of recruitment sales experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Good relationship building skills with the ability to engage different stakeholders to a common purpose
- Enjoy working with people
- Ability to handle multi-priorities
- Some business acumen and commercial management
#3 City of Philadelphia – IT Resourcing Specialist
We are looking for an IT Resourcing Specialist who can help us grow by finding, recruiting, and hiring smart and capable people. The primary responsibilities for this role will include sourcing, screening, shortlisting, and interviewing qualified candidates for multiple technical roles. You will network and communicate online and offline with potential candidates to promote the City of Philadelphia and OIT as a workplace of choice and ensure that we attract the most skilled professionals. You will also work closely with your colleagues to reduce our time-to-hire. Your long-term goal will be to build sustainable processes that ensure a technology talent pipeline for the City.
OIT is looking for an experienced and motivated IT Resourcing Specialist to join our team! In this role, you will assist with sourcing, finding, attracting, and hiring technology talent with the goal of fulfilling the organization’s ongoing hiring needs. You will develop new processes to support hiring a variety of technical positions – software developers, network architects, platform engineers, program managers, and many others. As OIT’s IT Resourcing Specialist, you will have an opportunity to:
- Research, write and post technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates from niche platforms, like Stack Overflow and Github
- Evaluate specialized skills and qualifications to screen IT candidate resumes
- Perform phone screens to assess applicant ability and suitability
- Interview candidates through a combination of methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments, and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with IT team leaders to forecast organization goals and hiring needs
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings
- Participate in technology conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals
- Coordinate the hiring process with OIT managers and human resources professionals to ensure timely hiring
- Assist with on-boarding new hires
- Promote the City’s and OIT’s reputation as a workplace of choice
- Conduct job and task analyses with hiring managers to document job duties and requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends and products
- Proven work experience as a technical recruiter.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Skype, and structured)
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adhere to employment laws, rules and regulations, and City policies
- Ability to earn and adhere to personal data privacy regulations
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Management, IT, or another relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT recruitment or similar strategic hiring role demonstrating exposure to most of the following areas:
- Basic principles of recruitment marketing
- Sorting and categorizing large volumes of resumes
- Experience in Employer Branding methods
- Initial candidate screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements
- Scheduling and attending job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants
- Conducting reference and background checks
- Researching, analyzing, preparing, and presenting hiring statistics
- Maintaining records on recruiting activities as required
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The successful candidate must reside in the City of Philadelphia or establish primary residence in the City of Philadelphia within 6 months of employment
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.