Job Description of HR Business Partner
We are on the lookout for HR Business Partner(s) to join our team. Human Resources is evolving in a rapid manner and in keeping with this change, we require HR Business Partners to add tangible value to the Company by integrating HR into all aspects of planning and business operations.
The job profile is an extremely important and sensitive one since it aims to align the goals of the organisation with the needs and development of every individual employed with us. Individuals looking to work in a highly dynamic environment will be most suited for this role.
We are looking for a well-qualified, goal-oriented, and analytical HR Business partner, to work closely with the senior managers of the company to ensure alignment of business objectives with employees. The right candidate should have superior people management and presentation skills while also looking to work in a dynamic environment. He/She should be able to come up with new ideas and bring about solutions, all the while considering budget limitations. Therefore it is extremely necessary for the ideal candidate to have experience in HR practices and employee communications. In short, the HR Business Partner will be the designated employee champion and change agent.
- Consult with senior management and provide daily HR guidance
- Provide HR policy guidelines
- Suggest new HR strategies
- Improve employee relations and address grievances
- Identify training needs across the organisation
- Coordinate between employees and management to improve work relations, build morale, increase productivity, which will all, in turn, encourage retention
- Keep abreast of the current HR trends
- Graduate/Master’s Degree in HR
- Work experience of _____ years as HR Business Partner
- Analytical and goal-oriented
- Leadership skills and succession planning
- Familiarity with HR policies and relevant labour laws
- Excellent people management skills
- Must be a good communicator and assessor
- Working knowledge of the HR department since the HR Business Partner will oversee the HR department functioning
Sample Job Descriptions from Other Companies
#1 HR Business Partner – Amazon
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon currently has a presence in India (www.india.amazon.com) by way of Development Centers across three locations; Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad, which works on complex technology and operations challenges that directly drive business on Amazon.com. In addition to this, there are retail teams that strive towards providing world-class customer experience to our customers across www.amazon.in and www.junglee.com, followed by a dynamic operations team that ensures customer orders are fulfilled and delivered on time.
The individual will implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. The candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem-solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to keep the team organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as a “go-to” for all areas and departments which dovetail with HR. This candidate will help foster a cooperative and communicative atmosphere.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement employee surveys and questionnaires; help HRBP’s in analysis and action planning based on survey results
- Responsible for onboarding and partnering with the recruitment team in hiring associates based on business forecasts.
- Partner with business leaders and other support functions to maintain a highly motivated and engaged workforce
- Implement new policies, procedures and programs in support of Business
- Be the first point of contact for all employee grievances and partner with the HR Business Partner in conducting necessary investigations.
- Provide MIS support for Attrition analysis, includes- analyzing Exit interview , observe trends and highlight important aspects, prepare and publish dashboards
- Drive engagement initiatives like – New hire Buddy/ mentoring program, Voice of Employee, Round tables and Brown Bag session and R&Rs
- Partner with HRBPs to drive Career pathing sessions/ initiatives
- Support the L&D team in conducting training needs assessment for employees across levels
- Responsible in conducting regular vendor audits to ensure labor compliance.
- Responsible for statutory compliance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Strong understanding of Labor related laws and statutes.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, pharmaceutical or automotive would be ideal
- Should be proficient in using MS Office, Excel and data related tools.
- Knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Prior experience in handling contingent workforce would be an added advantage.
HR Business Partner
Bangalore Human Resources Full Time
Zeta is on the lookout for individuals who can work towards developing and implementing HR processes and initiatives. The leadership team strongly believes Zeta should thrive to cultivate and nurture a high performing organization where employees can unleash their potential, and the role of the human resource team is critical.
As a part of the HRBP team you will:
- Partner with Zeta’s leadership team and support in driving organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Work towards conceptualizing and implementing organization structuring interventions and role based organizations to streamline career progression.
- Partner and drive performance reviews, compensation planning along with business.
- Lead the assessment practice, program manage key assessment interventions such as the Performance Management Process, Multi-Rater Process to create a high performance culture.
- Design and implement best-in-class assessment and development practices to nurture top talent.
- Program manage automation of performance assessment processes to enable an Integrated Talent management platform in the organization.
- Design and promote competency based talent management.
- Analyse trends in employee turnover, employee engagement surveys, pulse sessions and recommend interventions backed by data.
- Develop and monitor informative HR dashboards to track key metrics for HR operations for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with all business units to address employee issues proactively.
What competencies do we look for?
- Functional Competencies:
- 4+ years of experience as HR Business Partner (Preferably with any leading IT organizations).
- Graduation is mandatory. MBA HR from B School is highly preferable.
- Knowledge of HR statutory compliances.
- Understanding of legal risks and liabilities associated with HR processes.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- likes working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- lead and cultivate high performing team
- ideate and produce creative content
- design and document policies
- strong analytical, logical and numerical aptitude
- strong process orientation
- listen actively and connect with individuals in the organization
Zeta is co-founded by Ramki Gaddipati and Bhavin Turakhia.
Serial entrepreneur and billionaire, Bhavin Turakhia is driven by a passion for problem-solving and maximizing efficiency through technology driven innovations. At 17, he co-founded Resellerclub, Logicboxes and BigRock. He is presently heading Flock – a suite of productivity apps, Zeta – a digital payments platform, and Radix – a leading registry for top-level extensions.
Ramki, the co-founder and CTO of Zeta, is extremely passionate about product engineering and committed to excellence at every step. He also co-founded Bridle Information and Technology Solutions and was named one of Asia’s Best Entrepreneurs Under 25 by Business Week in 2006.
Zeta is a revolutionary bootstrapped fin-tech start up making strides in the world of employee benefits & rewards, cafeteria management and digital payments.
Here’s what we’ve built so far:
- Zeta Optima: Fully-digitized employee tax-benefits programme that helps employees save over 80K in taxes and helps organisations save up 90% of their time and resources
- Zeta Express: A corporate cafeteria solution that makes cafeterias automated and completely cashless
- Zeta Super Card: An advanced card-based payment solution that is 10x more secure than bank-issued cards
#3 HR Business Partner – KnowledgeHut
- Compensation Management
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Engagement
- Performance Management
Function: Human Resources → HR Generalist
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance.
- Analyze trends and metrics with the HR department.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance.
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals.
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Analytical and goal oriented.
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices.
KnowledgeHut is a Global leader in online and classroom training for on-demand certifications like CSM,PMP,PMI-ACP,MSP,PRINCE2,CBAP, Six Sigma, CMMI,ITIL,CEHV8 & more.
In today’s changing world of workplace education, learning policies within organisations are evolving at warp speed in response to emerging technologies. Traditional formal and scheduled training methods have given way to more informal and on-demand forms of learning, with an increasing emphasis on blended and e-learning delivery modes. At KnowledgeHut, we help you with the capabilities to rapidly respond to these new demands for flexibility in learning processes.
Why Explore a Career at KnowledgeHut
Be part of a dynamic, result oriented organization that is growing and making its presence felt in all corners of the globe. From being part of a world class team to enjoying a number of organizational perks, you have a number of reasons for joining our workforce.
As part of the team, your contributions will be valued and our work environment will help you reach for the sky by helping you enhance your experience in multiple domains, work alongside the industry’s top thought leaders, and explore opportunities for growth and development. You will get a work environment conducive to the delivery of superior performances.Join us to nurture your personal and professional goals and achieve your targets and those of the organization through collaborative efforts and a productive atmosphere.
Founded in 2011 • 200 – 500 employees • Headquartered in Wilmington