HR Admin Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic Human Resources Administration (HRA) Manager to lead, direct and manage the day-to-day HRA activities for our ____________ location. You will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners. You will also have to handle employee-related services, regulatory compliance, and employee relations, among many other tasks. You will be expected to:
- Develop and administer HR plans and procedures that relate to company personnel.
- Plan, organize and control activities and actions of the HR department.
- Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
Your essential job responsibility will be to provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training, and development. Additionally, you need to support operations by supervising staff; planning, organizing, and implementing the administrative system.
Other main administrative duties include overseeing up-to-date maintenance of personnel records, proper management of HR documents such as employment records and onboarding guides, and updating internal databases. An ideal candidate must have experience with HR procedures and one who can juggle various administrative tasks promptly.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the HR department supports employees while conforming to Employment & Labour Laws.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Develop and oversee the recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates
- Ensure candidate documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Oversee all staff engagement for the country office and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
- Compliance and Record-keeping
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
- Manage time clocking system for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Monitor compensation and ensure internal equity & compliance and benefits are met.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
- Payroll and Budget
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise Country Director on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the country office.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
- Training, Development and Performance Maintenance
- Undertake employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Employee Relations
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues and work to ensure human resources-related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
What does it take to become an HRA manager?
HRA managers must possess excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, interpersonal, and ethical conduct skills. Beyond these traits, however, you must be well-educated in your field of expertise. You must possess a bachelor’s degree and human resources experience and have proven experience as an administration manager.
- Master’s Degree in human resources or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of human resources.
- Must be familiar with country-specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal English and local language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- A team player with leadership skills.
Employment type – Permanent Job, Full Time
Remuneration – As per the industry standards.
Samples Job Descriptions
#1 Red Ventures
As an HR Manager, you sit at the intersection of Human Resources and front-line business operations to deliver strategic and tactical solutions that improve employee experience and business team performance. The HR Manager implements and influences employee-focused programs and processes for a specific business teams. You’ll partner and resolve questions and situations across a wide-range of HR topics, including employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, on-boarding, policy administration, and employment law compliance. We are looking for someone who will deeply integrate themselves with the business teams and provide support to various areas while always serving as a walking example of Red Ventures culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide wide-ranging HR support as the first point of contact to 150-250 employees in the Atlanta Sales Center operations, primarily consisting Sales Professionals and front-line Sales Leaders.
- Partner with sales and operations teams to implement performance management tactics across areas such as sales performance, call compliance, and employee attendance.
- Handle and resolve employee relations situations including exploration of issues, leveraging RV policy and practice to determine outcomes, and partnering with employees and management to deliver appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to evaluate and develop talent within client groups and provide valuable insight to determine employee potential and readiness for promotions or job transfers
- Assists employees with routine HR-related needs including inquiry response, support, and administration of leaves of absence, benefits, and payroll.
- Actively provides HR consultation to business partners through regular touch points, operations team meetings, and ad hoc meetings
- Facilitates training to business teams on topics including leadership and management skills, onboarding and engagement, and other HR-related initiatives
- Implement company-wide HR programs and processes for business teams
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience
- 5 years plus of work experience in an HR Manager capacity supporting exempt and nonexempt employees
- Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including employee relations, benefits, payroll, performance management, leadership development, and learning and development
- Utilization of Workday as the primary ERP system
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and often-changing environment: Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize quickly.
- Strong knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and recommend multiple solutions.
- Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment
- Competitive Spirit: Our performers are driven, goal-oriented and always up for a challenge.
- Sense of humor and ability to have FUN! At RV, it’s a tenet of our culture that we work hard, play hard and have fun along the way.
Even Better: PHR Certified
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
Allconnect offers customers a convenient single source to compare and connect integrated media, broadband, home protection, energy and green products. Allconnect’s services are available at allconnect.com, through utility and energy companies representing over 50 million households, and via affiliates. Through more than 20 million annual consumer touch points, the company acquires customers, increases revenue and generates higher customer satisfaction for its partners. Allconnect’s 2016 customer satisfaction score of 86, as measured by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), is the second-highest score of the publicly measured companies in 2016.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger – at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
#2 United Technologies
Country: United States of America
Location: HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Human Resources, Site Manager for our Foley, AL. location within the Collins Aerospace Aerostructures business unit. You will have responsibility for approximately 1,000 employees and lead a team of 4 HR professionals. . You will be working in a matrixed organization promoting employee engagement, inclusion and diversity initiatives, leadership effectiveness, talent identification, workforce planning, organization design, use of data analytics to drive HR business practices, as well as collaborating with key stakeholders to manage through change.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the business to provide support on organizational matters, serving as a coach to leaders
- Manage leadership and diversity development programs
- Lead identification, selection and retention of world-class talent. Develop and execute plans for talent acquisition, development and succession planning
- Assess and partner with business to ensure practices support an engaging culture with the right emphasis on change management working through a dynamic environment
- Implement strategic short and long term HR initiatives, in partnership with the senior HR and leadership teams, to drive business results.
- Drive human resource compliance and ensure standardization and consistency of human resource practices and policies.
- Effectively lead the function in a complex matrix environment, balancing competing priorities and engaging appropriate stakeholders.
- Direct employee programs designed to promote employee communications, optimize organizational effectiveness and increase employee engagement.
- Partner with Communications department to support community relations strategy for all locations.
- Administer compensation programs, ensuring alignment and attainment of business unit objectives. Communicate program guidelines and philosophy to the leadership team, and drive understanding amongst employees. Ensure compliance with EEO/AAP, working in collaboration with the
- Lead continuous improvement and HR operational excellence tracking for site
- Manage, coach and lead a team and effectively engage with other HR team members outside of direct reporting chain to accomplish objectives.
- Utilize data reporting tools to acquire and analyze information to support data driven decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the UTC Code of Ethics and related policies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree in HR or related field and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Ability to travel domestically a few times a year
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Managerial experience for 2+ years
- Experience leading through significant change
- Experience as a leader in a large manufacturing plant
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles — the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
#3 Trascent Management Consulting
Trascent Management Consulting, LLC is the leading global management consulting firm that drives performance improvements in corporate real estate and facilities management (CRE/FM).
With its expanding global brand presence, Trascent is seeking a Human Resources and People Development Manager to join its Operations division. This position will report to and work directly with the Global Finance Director. The position will also work closely with the firm’s Leadership team to closely align human resource efforts with business objectives.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Develop and implement employee programs that build an awesome culture and increase employee engagement, morale, and productivity.
- Develop a structured and world-class HR function; collaborate with your HR team and employees across all levels of your department to advance key HR strategies in Compensation, Payroll & Benefits, recruitment, talent development, performance management, and organizational development.
- Participate in periodic business strategic planning; act as the human capital strategy architect to identify and deploy best courses of action to meet business requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of current federal, state and local employment laws and ensure the company is in compliance with all legislative requirements and changes pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Manage the company’s communication plan and ensure the right messaging is in place for communicating changes in company policies, procedures, programs, and personnel
- Drive our talent acquisition process and ensure the organization is attracting and hiring the best talent available; implement creative and cost-effective methods for sourcing quality candidates and recommend ways to promote and enhance our employment brand.
- Oversee talent planning, including headcount and staffing needs, succession plans and overall talent management to ensure we have the right people to move the business forward Lead and implement key programs/changes focused on building an enduring organization positioned for growth, including learning and development, total rewards, employment branding, and HR platforms and systems
- Provide direct and proactive HR support to managers in all aspects of talent management, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, and program management.
Requirements for the position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, organizational behavior or a related field.
- 10+ years Human Resource experience with increasing responsibility across multiple locations.
- 5+ years of HR Leadership experience with responsibility for direct reports in multiple HR functions.
- Strong experience in organizational development, compensation, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, startup environment.
- Must have strong work ethic and be self motivated with the flexibility to work in a remote environment: must be able to work and communicate well with senior executives and fellow employees.
- Extensive working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws for multiple states and international.
- Proficiency with ADP HR system and strong knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint).
Preferred relevant certifications:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- SHRM –Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)