Organizational structure or Organization tree is a system used to define a hierarchy within an organization. It identifies each job, its function, and where it reports to within the organization. This structure is developed to establish how an organization operates and assists an organization in obtaining its goals to allow for future growth.
Benefits of the organization tree
- An org tree shows the internal structure and hierarchies of an organization visually.
- From an org tree, an employee will know who to report and who to contact when a problem occurs.
- Org tree helps employees to clarify their roles and responsibilities so as to improve employee performance.
- Org tree can help new employees quickly learn about the company and their own position.
- It helps clearly identify works and tasks, so as to prevent overlapping or duplication of work.
- Org tree can effectively help managers manage the workload.