Internal communication is the method of sharing information within a company between individuals at various levels or internal representatives. Organizations now spend a lot of money on public relations and publicity to enhance their external contact, but they don’t do enough to improve their internal communication.
How to build an effective Internal Communication plan
- Analyze the current state of the organization and determine where interaction is already good and where it can be improved.
- Identify your target demographic and divide it into categories based on department, place, expertise, generation, etc. Choose the groups that are most applicable to your company.
- Make a concise outline of the key points so that everyone knows them.
- Identify the strategies and contact platforms, such as Gmail, LinkedIn, and your news feed.
- Make a calendar for internal correspondence and keep it up to date.
- Determine primary success metrics for monitoring progress – assessing the efficacy of organizational messaging aids in the identification of both short and long-term changes.