Job Description for User Experience/ UX Designer
We are looking for a UX designer to design software and platforms that meet user needs effectively. We need you to be analytical & creative in order to design the overall functionality of the product to ensure a great user experience.
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and are optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Facilitate the stakeholder’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (example: usability, findability)
- Make strategic design & user-experience decisions related to core & new functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
Skill sets/Experience we require:
- 3-5 years of UX design experience.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Experience working with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Experience working in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Relevant certifications
Sample Job Descriptions
#1 User Experience Design Specialist – SAP
Date: Nov 23, 2019
City: Bangalore, KA, IN
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T2
Hiring Manager: Suruj Bhuyan
Recruiter Name: Divyanshi Tripathi
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality, and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES :
Because user experience is of vital importance to the success of all SAP products, SAP constantly evaluates and improves its products to ensure that SAP users get the best user experience possible. User Experience at SAP covers all activities from the conception and design of future SAP products to maintenance and improvements of existing applications.
As a User Experience Design Specialist in the S/4HANA UX Team, you work together with a highly motivated and creative team of international interaction designers, user researchers, and visual designers. Your team is responsible to drive all application design activities for S/4HANA business areas. You closely collaborate with Product Owners and Development to enable users to do their business most effectively and efficiently.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS :
- You are a strong interaction designer with empathy for the end-user
- You feel responsible for your work and accompany your designs throughout the design-driven development process
- Gathering end-user requirements by organizing, executing, and moderating end-user site visits, focus groups, and user days including collection and synthesis of results.
- Development of user interface designs using various prototyping techniques and documented in UI specifications
- Verification of designs through reviews, validations, and formal usability testing with end-users
- You are offering design support and consulting for the development teams
WORK EXPERIENCE :
- 5+ Years’ experience in Interaction Design
- Background in web and application design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Creative and analytical thinking is required
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex technology.
- Must be a solid team player in international teams with good writing, presentation, and time management skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
- University degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction or comparable fields is required
- You have advanced skills in interaction design (ideally application design or design concepts)
- Experience with tools such as Axure, Photoshop, and Balsamiq
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 are beneficial
- Knowledge of Fiori Design Guidelines is a plus
- Experience in software development is advantageous
Expected travel: 0-10%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: ERP, Graphic Design, Consulting, SAP, Testing, Technology, Creative
#2 UX Designer- Bosch Group
UX Designer (Interaction) for User-Oriented Interaction Design
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global suppliers of technology and services, offering end-to-end Engineering, IT, and Business Solutions.
With over 18,000 associates, it’s the largest software development center of Bosch, outside Germany, indicating that it is the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India with a global footprint and presence in the US, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Kindly upload your updated profile with portfolio
Your Tasks: Developing product and/or service-related interaction designs, from early concepts and prototypes to production-ready solutions in close collaboration with the divisions, research teams, Global UX studios, and external entities.
- High level of proficiency in interaction design tools like Invision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe suite, and/or other current tools. Proficiency in current SW prototyping, as well as HW prototyping, would be a plus.
- Work experience in a successful design agency and/or experience working in an environment with an industrial client base or comparable experience in a UX team of an established industrial company.
- Ability to solve problems proactively and creatively and work under time constraints on several tasks and projects simultaneously, as well as a marked ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Well-organized with outstanding analytical and conceptual skills, interested in innovative HMI technologies, and a high level of motivation to develop ideas from paper to production.
Diploma, or bachelor’s/master’s degree in interaction design, interface design, or a comparable field of study, ideally with product interaction design as the main focus and with substantial (1 to 5 years) work experience in user-centered interaction design, creation, and application of wireframes, flows and interaction guidelines for products in the areas of consumer goods, automotive systems, healthcare, mobility solutions, connected industry, etc.
#3 UX Designer – Amazon India Pvt. Ltd
UX Designer Job ID: 779139 | ADCI – Karnataka
Amazon is seeking a creative, thoughtful, and customer-obsessed user experience designer to help us create the future of seller experience in India
Your primary focus will be to build a product design that is intuitive, easy to use, and customer-focused that provides a superior experience working in close collaboration with customers, business, product, technology, and design teams across international locations
You will get the opportunity to work on comprehensive experiences, work across Amazon services and infrastructure yet provide locally relevant presentations of expansive content and functionality across a manifold of product lines, client devices, and locales.
Design a superior e-commerce experience for our sellers
Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and designers.
Leverage available insights like market analysis, seller feedback, and usability findings.
Advocate customer and user-centered design in a corporate environment.
Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes.
Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
If you are passionate about creating an innovative, elegant, customer-focused retail experience and collaborating with a team of passionate designers, product managers, and engineers, we want to talk to you.
Work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture
A bachelor’s degree in design from a reputable institution
A strong portfolio demonstrating past work and relevant, user-centered design solutions
Experience with designing end-user, business web-based applications
Fluency in best practices for Information Architecture and Interaction Design
Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment
Experience working on mobile user experience
The ability to provide detailed specifications and/or optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from
A general understanding of how Design impacts Development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible/prudent
Strong awareness of common Usability methods and principles
A lucid sense of how individual components and features impact their larger applications, and how to optimize accordingly
Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
A clear sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over-complication
An aptitude and honed intuition for tasteful, visual design details
Ability and passion to design for the business user and yet keep the human interaction approach
Job details Bangalore, India
Design IT Software: Software Products & Services
Consumer Durables/FMCG, Warehousing
Graphic Designing/Animation/Web Designing