UI Designer Interview Questions
While the best way to evaluate a candidate for this role would be a look at their portfolio, an assignment and a set of good questions will help immensely. Look out for their eye for detail and design improvement suggestions for everyday life.
The questions here will further help you in assessing candidates to help find the best UI Designer for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a UI designer should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How will you estimate the timeline of your design process?
- Which areas of UI design does your expertise lie?
- Which is the most intuitive user interface created, according to you?
- Tell us about a time you used UI micro-interactions.
- What is scraping in UiPath?
- What factors suggest the UI design failure of a newly launched product?
- How do you approach redesigning our present website?
- What is your preferred development environment?
- What is the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation?
- What existing CSS/Sass frameworks are you familiar with?
- What do you know about BEM or SMACSS?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.