Store Manager Interview Questions
A store manager holds the responsibility of attending to customer complaints, training new joiners, building the team, motivating teammates, and ensuring the sales goals are met. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge about your company, the kind of products you sell, and your customer pool. Inform them that their role requires a lot of physical movement like standing for several hours.
You might also want to look at this aspect while screening candidates. Below are questions that will help you find the right Store Manager:
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a store manager/leader should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you deal with unhappy customers?
- How would you train a new joiner?
- Which factors would directly but not visibly affect the store’s sales?
- How do you motivate employees?
- What would you do if an employee comes late to work every day?
- What would you do if an employee had roles to fulfill at home and remained absent for work for days?
- Tell us about a time when you solved a fight amongst your employees.
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Which store-specific strategies do you follow? How far have they proven to be fruitful?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.