SEM Specialist Interview Questions
An extremely demanding and crucial role, an SEM or Search Engine Marketing specialist need to own hard skills and enough experience to do the tasks of the role.
Given the newness of this job, you may also opt to look outside your geographical boundary to find the perfect fit. Ensure you select the one who is a lover of numbers, spreadsheets and data. The right candidate should also be a team player as the role requires him/her to converse with employees from multiple departments to create strategies.
Below are the questions to ask potential candidates for the role of an SEM:
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an SEM specialist should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How do you choose keywords? What are the metrics you follow?
- Tell us about your recent Adwords campaign? What did it do?
- Tell us about an Adword campaign that failed? Do you know why that happened? What would you have done differently if you could now?
- What is the importance of an SEM in an integrated marketing plan?
- How do you evaluate and optimize results?
- Is an SEM strategy needed if one keyword is already ranking first? Defend your answer.
- How will CPC be affected by Ad ranks?
- How do you audit an Adwords account? What are the main things you look for?
- Would you stop certain Ads from showing up in irrelevant search results? How?
- What will be your strategy if you notice a keyword rank dropping every week?
- How do you evaluate the worth of a PPC campaign’s pricing?