Secretary Interview Questions
Secretaries often take a part of the work burden from their superiors and assist them in different ways. Their duties include filing documents, maintaining them, creating a database, scheduling and informing about meetings, managing calendars and much more. They also need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. If the work requires travelling with the superior, having a multilingual secretary can help. Look out for sharp, mindful and work-oriented candidates.
Here are a few questions that will help you in finding the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a secretary should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How comfortable are you with technology?
- How would you plan your work if you work for multiple superiors?
- How do you update your superiors on their schedule?
- What would you do if a manager is busy with another meeting but has another important one to attend within 5 minutes?
- How would you safeguard confidential information?
- Tell us about a time when an employee tried to extract the information from you. How did you respond?
- Tell us about a time when you faced harassment at work.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.