Job Description for Sales Manager
We are seeking an experienced, results-driven Sales Manager with an impressive track record to join the sales team at <company name>. This role requires you to oversee sales and distribution and work to grow your customer base. We need individuals with innate leadership qualities & someone who can maintain good client & vendor relationships.
Responsibilities As a Sales Manager
- Create sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Collaborate with senior executives to establish and execute a sales goal for the region
- Manage your sales team to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate set goals
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Identify hiring needs, select and train new sales individuals
- Educate sales team with presentations of strategies, seminars, and regular meetings
- Hold ongoing performance reviews with the team to provide constructive feedback
- Prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility
- Initiate and innovate marketing strategies to increase sales and reduce costs
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
- Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Review regional expenses and recommend improvements
- Attend trade shows and conventions as needed.
Skill sets/Experience Needed for a Sales Manager:
- 5-7 years proven work experience as a Sales Manager/Regional Manager or related roles
- Ability to manage multiple accounts effectively
- Experience in sales forecasting and building a customer base
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving mindset
- Need to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any discipline)
- MBA in Sales & Marketing would be preferred.
About <Company Name>
Sample Sales Manager Job Descriptions
FresherMart – Sales Manager, Bangalore
Duties and Responsibility
- Responsible for generating sales with project-specific inquiries.
- Schedule and conduct site visits and regular follow up with the clients till closure.
- Coordinate between clients and company for up-to-date status regarding services, pricing, and new product releases.
- Report on sales activities through scheduled reporting structure.
- Reaching the targets and set goals, establishing, maintaining, and expanding the client base.
- To build and enhance the company’s brand image internally and externally.
- Exposure to the marketing industry will be an added advantage
- Tuesday will week off
- Two-wheeler is mandatory
- Fieldwork will be there
- 9:30-6:30 PM shift timing
- Apart from salary huge incentive will be there
- We don’t want a candidate from the same industry (Real Estate), If possible then please source from other industries
- Experienced candidates with sound knowledge of real estate are preferable.
Qubole – Sales Manager
Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining the infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony, and Singtel Innov8.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet our customer retention and revenue growth targets. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans, and justify those plans to the upper management.
What you will be doing
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that maintains and grows the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching, and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Develop a strong cadence for regular customer outreach programs
- Present sales, revenue, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- 10+ years of overall experience with 5+ years of verifiable and successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
- Technical acumen in the Big Data space and public cloud environments preferred.
- Ideally have the experience and knowledge with Spark, Hive, Presto, and/or Teradata, Tableau, Informatica, Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.
- Poses excellent phone and email customer communication skills
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger, and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
American Express – Sales Manager
- Responsible for acquisition of Corporate Card T&E and B2B Sales in alignment with the overall Market Strategy & Goals as laid out by the Channel Head & driven by Head – MM Acquisition, Bangalore
- Achieve aggressive Commercial Card Product Sales with a dedicated focus on New Business to the Franchise via New Clients and Cross-Selling and Expansions in the base
- Aggressive Pipeline Management ensuring the Pipeline Is Robust with Active movement and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of Pipeline and Prospects in the Pipeline
- Need to Collaborate proactively with the leader -Head MM Acquisition, Bangalore to strengthen the sales funnel
- Achieves Results by aggressively focussing on T&E and B2B Sales
- Penetrating All Segments within the territory allocated
- Adopt Best-In-Class Practices while doing T&E and B2B Sales to ensure Consistency and Quality in sync with those in other markets across the channel
- Support Account Retention And Growth By Early Engagement and Developing Multiple Customer Relationships which lead to Cross-Sells and greater than 75% Base Expansions
- Champion the Blue Box Values, including Personal Accountability, and exhibit a clear ‘Will To Win
- Collaborate proactively with the leader -Head MM Acquisition, Bangalore to support the Sales strategy & vision of the MMFS Channel
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- In-Depth Knowledge of the Commercial Card Business In India
- Direct Sales Management Experience Or Strong Aptitude Towards Sales Management
- Structured Methodology To Account Acquisition
- Pipeline Management Experience
- Ability To Work In A High-Performance Sales Environment
- Ability to Build a robust T&E and B2B Sales pipeline and collaborate internally & externally with stakeholders to drive results
- Strong Understanding Of Payments Industry, B2B Selling, Balance Sheet And Lending Business
- Strategic And Analytical Focus
- Ability To Collaborate and Influence Internally And Externally
- Ability to Leverage and Deepen Relationships with all Internal Parties
- Experience In Developing And executing successful Corporate Card Sales
- Capacity to build best in class Sales Team through continuous improvement in Sales practices
- Minimum 6 Years Experience with an understanding of the Payments Industry and Corporate Card selling will be an Advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time