Restaurant Manager Interview Questions
When interviewing candidates for the role of a restaurant manager, ensure you ask questions that show their staffing, accounting and finances, scheduling and payroll, customer service, inventory management, marketing and advertising, and operations skills. Though not mentioned often, these have a paramount role in deciding the right fit for the company.
Ask questions related to decision-making, team management, conflict management, planning and organizing as they will help you filter the candidates better. To make things easier for you, here are some questions to guide you in your journey of finding the best candidate for your organization.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a restaurant manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you deal with aggressive customers?
- Your resume shows that you held a position at a specific restaurant for a long time. Why did you quit?
- Tell us about a time when your efforts positively impact the restaurant’s revenue. Explain the factors that brought the change.
- Tell us about a time when a customer walked out of the restaurant due to your fault. What was your mistake? What did you learn from it?
- How do you handle staff conflicts?
- What would you do if there was an important customer and two staff members broke into a fight? How would you ensure the situation doesn’t go out of hand?
- How do you think you can improve the customer satisfaction and overall situation of our restaurant?
- What is the first thing you would change here if you were hired?
- They say a customer is always right. Do you believe in it? What would you do if a customer isn’t right and you know it?
- What would you do if there was a shoplifting incident?
- How would you approach a co-worker who was continuously late to work?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.