Receptionist Job Description Template
We are looking for a smart and talented receptionist to manage our front desk daily and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. You will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Your responsibilities include ensuring the front desk welcomes guests positively and executing all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Notify company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintain security and telecommunications systems.
- Provide visitors with an appropriate answer for all their inquiries.
- The answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls as necessary.
- Maintain employee and department directories.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks, and issuing visitor badges.
- Operate telecommunication system by following the manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Support continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material.
- Order front office supplies and keep the inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing.
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma degree in any field.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment such as fax machines and printers.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Sample Job Description
#1 Amit Realty & Group
Graduate with any specialization
3 – 4 years experience in the same profile
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following instructions (EPBX, etc)
- Maintains a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and upkeep the corporate mall identity – ensure adherence to corporate brand guidelines
- Take steps to improve customer services inside the mall
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management, Presentable.
Receptionist, Front office, EPABX
Apply Only if you have Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills with Fluency in English. This is mandatory.
We are urgently looking for a Front Office Receptionist cum Admin for our own organization.
This is an Awesome Opportunity for the individuals who are excellent in their work and take full ownership and responsibility for their tasks and wants to grow. Read more about our company in the last 2 paragraphs.
Rohini/ Pitampura (Delhi)
- Smart and Fluent English-Speaking Associate Required for IT Company.
- Must have basic knowledge of Computer like MS-Word, MS-Excel, and other MS Office Tools.
- Will be involved in taking calls that arrive at the reception and must have able to route the calls accordingly. Experience in EPABX will be a plus.
- Apart from Front Office work, will be handling all admin Tasks like handling of files and another back-office task. Prior Experience in handling Admin Tasks apart from Front Office tasks will be a plus.
- Must have good typing speed. Knowledge of Tally will be a plus.
- Maintenance of Cleanliness in Office by managing housekeeping personnel and Proper checking of Security arrangements and validation of same through CCTV and access control and will be managing Housekeeping Staff.
If interested, please reply to us back with your updated CV.
Please find the Company Profile below.
Technousa Consulting Services – is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization and a group committed to achieving high quality professional excellence and perfection in the activities relating to Strategic Planning and Consultancy, Managing Business Processes, and offering customers profitable innovative IT Solutions which will help them to manage their business efficiently and simply.
Core Area Of Expertise
- Strategic Planning, Business & IT Consulting
- Web, Desktop & Mobile Application Development
- Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Internet Marketing & Branding
- IT Infrastructure Services
- Writing & Translation Services
- Enterprise Application Integration & ERP Implementation.
- Data Conversion & Processing Services
Years of Service, Offices, and Management
Technousa started its IT Development center in India, New Delhi, in the year 2007. We have completed 200+ Medium-Big sized IT Projects since inception and provided High-End Consulting Services to the clients.
We are looking forward to welcoming you into a world of career development, where there is a real focus on sharpening your skills within a world-class environment. The St Pancras Renaissance hotel promotes exceptional skills, and you will have a platform on which you can showcase your expertise and creativity. A team of passionate hospitality talent awaits you.
Our ideal Receptionist
What we’re looking for
- A team-first attitude with a positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Great hospitality skills as well as attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar quality, five-star, high volume environment is a big plus
As our new Receptionist, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for guest check-ins and managing all aspects of the guest experience
- You are empowered within this role to manage all aspects of the payment process
- You will communicate with the high profile and VIP clientele in our intriguing hotel to enhance the guest experience
Your Rewards and Benefits
In addition to the benefits you would expect from being part of a luxury, iconic brand, we also offer the following benefits:
- Seeking adventure? Discover the world at discounted rates
- Excite your taste buds with 20% off our food and beverage outlets
- Relax and unwind with 20% off spa treatments and golf across our properties
- Take advantage of our monthly wellbeing packages;
- Free health check from our Occupational Health specialist
- Chiropodist appointments to take the pressure off your feet!
- Nourish your mental and emotional wellbeing with free Reiki appointments
- Loan offered to help buy a season ticket for travel to and from work in London
- Cycle to work scheme
- National and international career development opportunities
- Access to free language lessons
- Discount at major retailers across the UK
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Package of healthcare benefits
- Opportunity to be a part of our #SPSC team who are committed to Take Care and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Reward and Recognition; chance to become our Associate or Manager of the Month
- Diamond – St. Pancras Instant Recognition program
- Meals on duty, Uniform provided, and laundered free of charge
Don’t delay – Send us your CV today and a member of our HR team will contact you should your application become successful!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.