Job Description of Product Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic candidate with a deep understanding of the X industry and its market behaviour and aid in developing the company’s product portfolio.
Your major role would be making product recommendations based on market research, feedback, customer interaction, etc and act as a bridge between the market and the product development team.
You would be expected to work in synchronization with various departments such as sales, product development, customer support, marketing and finance to ensure that suitable and financially viable products are developed.
- Study the industry trends and forecast market behaviour.
- Suggest customer-oriented product development and improvisation plans.
- Manage any existing or new product.
- Play an active role in any new product acquisition.
- Coordinate with the other teams to establish budgets and timelines for product development.
- Present the product performance report at various instances such as management meetings or AGMs.
- Work with product managers to facilitate product placement and increase sales and revenue.
- Minimum X years of relevant work experience. Prior experience as a market analyst or product developer is an added bonus.
- Any technical or market research degree from an institute of repute.
- An eye for improvisation.
- Team player.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Know-how about the X industry and market.
- Efficient with MS Office, Tally and SAP.
- Prior experience with CRM software
- Ability to multi-task and great time management skills.
Samples from other companies:
We are looking for a Product Analyst to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services.
We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be an integral part of the Product team and will lead research, analysis & generation of actionable insights to define the global product strategy & roadmap for building best-in-class mobile experiences for all the users.
- You will track & report product KPIs and crisply and impactfully report on KPIs highlighting progress and pro-actively identify issues/improvement areas
- You will be generating a Hypothesis & validation and Lead decision-making for validation/rejection of the hypothesis
- You will be Driving actionable insights
- You will be on top of all user feedback coming through multiple channels on a regular basis and participate in user research to develop an understanding of user behaviour, pain points and improvement opportunities.
- Lead data-driven strategy by collaborating with peers and country leads across global markets to gather user insights & product requirements
Who We’re Looking For
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop hypotheses, understand and interpret data within the context of the product/business – solve problems and distill data into actionable recommendations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to confidently work with cross-functional teams across the globe and to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Strong number crunching and quantitative skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in Business analytics tools & statistical programming languages – SQL, NoSQL tools, R, SAS, SPSS, Tableau.
- Previous experience of 2-3 years working in a product company in an analytics role as a strong team player
What We’ll Give You
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International career and growth opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Opportunity to pursue your further academic goals
- Competitive salary and great benefits
What You Need To Know About Us
- OLX is the world’s leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It’s available in more than 35 countries and in over 50 languages. The platform makes it so easy to connect people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services.
- OLX is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.
Mind Tickle Inc
MindTickle is the world’s leading SAAS platform for sales readiness founded in 2011 by graduates of IITs, ISB & Stanford. Today, our rapidly growing team consists of 350+ people working from Pune & California. We are proud to be one of the very few category-defining Indian companies that have made a global mark. In addition, we are funded by top Silicon Valley investors, like – Canaan Partners, NEA, Accel partners and Jyoti Bansal (founder, AppDynamics).
As a Product Analyst for MindTickle’s Product team, you will directly shape the future of a leading enterprise platform, by developing cutting edge insights & analytical capabilities. You will:- Work closely with multiple product teams across functions (eg. developers, product manager, program managers, designers etc.) to interpret requirements, design analytics and deliver answers required to enable the business to make decisions- Evaluate the company’s products usage & user behaviour data and compare them against industry trends.- Analyze metrics to continually improve company products.- Work with other company departments to improve the analysis and presentation of products.- Create dashboards for Product Managers & leads using Python &, SQL, including those for periodic (such as daily, weekly and monthly) health & usage monitoring- Define and monitor ‘Key Performance Indicators’ to gauge user engagement across all platforms(web, mobile, apps)- Manage product analytics tools, such as Mixpanel, Appcues and Fullstory.
- 1-2 years experience data analytics
- Hands-on experience of building and delivering complex dashboards in Python required
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Love for Excel and data analysis
- Self starter and used to owning delivery end-to-end
- Able to spot trends and interesting anomalies
- Passionate for translating data and trends into meaningful insights and stories
- Must be able to contribute in fast-paced environments and adapt to shifting conditions, priorities and deadlines
- Assist product managers to build product road-map and detailed product plans to deliver on business goals
- Work closely with product managers and other stakeholders to understand market requirements
- Work with product managers, development, design & customer support team to create product definitions
- Perform UAT’s to verify acceptance criteria as per product definition
- Understand the functional and technical aspects of the current product line and act as a key product adviser
- BE/B.Tech degree in a technology-related field
- MBA degree is optional but preferred
- 1-2 years of product management experience preferably in SAAS products.
- Strong understanding of the most recent trends around consumer web usage including experience with social media
- Knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and community building
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace