Operations Manager Interview Questions
An operations manager will be responsible for smoothly carrying out major activities of the business house. Right from logistics to resource management, he/she monitors many departments.
As such, this complex role requires a well-experienced person with exceptional problem-solving skills. Look out for their time management skills as well.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an operations manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How do you delegate work to employees?
- Tell us about a time when you had to work with multiple teams. How did you ascertain every team’s success?
- How do you motivate workers to adopt new processes and technology?
- Tell us about your experience of negotiation with external suppliers.
- Which operations and data processing software are you aware of and comfortable using?
- How do you work with a small budget or lack of resources? Tell us about your experience with the same, if any.
- Tell us about a time when your ideas or suggestions helped expedite the operations at the workplace.
- Have you ever struggled to achieve business goals? How did you tackle the problem?
- What do you think about communication between different departments? Do you think it’s vital?
- Which cost-cutting strategy do you abide by?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.