Office Admin Job Description Template
An office administrator at __ is one that is top-of-house. You will fit in well if your goal is aligned to ours, ‘..to be willing to help the company operate day-to-day so employees can perform to their highest ability.
The Office Admin will be the point of contact at the reception and within the organization. He/She is expected to be alert, attentive, and constantly learning.
- Respond to phone calls and emails that are sent to support@___.com within 10 minutes for phone calls and 8 hours for emails.
- Supervise office staff, cleaning staff, and any ancillary service providers with daily and weekly reporting submitted to Chief of Staff on schedule.
- Manage travel requirements for C and E suite – from flights to hotel bookings and transport. Ensure their travel is well taken care of end-to-end.
- Manage office supplies across all floors, ensuring all print stations and desks are well stocked and maintained regularly.
- Oversee conference room bookings to ensure that the bigger rooms are being booked well in advance for C and E suite individuals.
- Assist finance department with reimbursements, billings, and transactions.
- Manage incoming and outgoing parcels, ensuring accurate delivery and tight timelines for both.
- Providing suggestions to the management on the overall functioning of the office.
- A High school diploma at the minimum with a good score in English. Additional languages are a bonus.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication, and finally, a friendly demeanor.
- Demonstration of organization and managing people’s requests in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office tools and ERP, preferable.
- Presentation and documentation skills.
Job description examples
#1 Office Admin- LEGO
Are you an organized administrator who enjoys supporting the growth of a dynamic organization?
- We are looking for an experienced office administrator who can help us build up our LEGO India operations.
- Core Responsibilities
- Management of the LEGO India office functions such as visitors logistic support, postage, office supplies, business travel, meetings/events, cleaning services, Employee Store, EHS/Security, IT Follows up.
- Provide business analysis support – such as analysis of various data (personnel, sales, spendings, etc)
- Support the General Manager from an executive and administrative standpoint
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the General Manager which includes the preparation and routing of documents, preparing presentations, letters, travel booking, meeting planning, and expense reports.
- Schedules appointments and controls executive calendar.
- HR Facilitator Onboarding process, recruitment point of contact, Employee files administration
- Prepare invoices or financial statements as necessary or advised
- Events coordination Christmas, Team Buildings, Toy Fair logistics, Play Day. Leadership Team Strategic sessions, Customer Visits.
- Play your part in our team succeeding!
- You will have the opportunity to learn about and support an exciting team that is growing the LEGO presence in India.
- Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement. An Administration-related field is preferred.
- Prior analytical experience – Strong excel skills required (Pivot tables, Macros)
- Have previous EA experience from supporting a senior management member and a proven track record of +3 years supporting General Manager level, preferably in an international environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the company
- High integrity and respect confidentiality
- Detail-orientation, ability to adapt to different situations in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Windows with working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity, and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and belonging.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future, and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
#2 Office Admin – Skyward
We’re looking for an Office Administrator to support the Skyward leadership team and office. You’ll be working in an exciting startup environment within the foundation of a large company (Verizon). This role is critical to the functional and cultural well-being of the company. You will represent Skyward and Verizon both internally and externally through interactions with employees, partners, and customers. You will have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, with the support and camaraderie you need to enjoy your job
- Manage and maintain executive schedules for the leadership team, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments
- Manage customer billing and AR by processing customer checks in SVB and NetSuite, logging/tracking payments, requesting invoices from external Verizon revenue teams, sending invoices and payment instructions to customers, filling out vendor setup forms as requested, etc.
- Process requisitions/PO’s in PeopleSoft 9.1 for various sourcing needs across the company, see the process through to receipt creation and delivery
- Manage delegated accounting email inbox for any accounts payable invoices, notices, etc., and push to appropriate management for approval.
- Participate in TechTown Diversity Pledge Group
- Event planning for company events. annual kickoffs, team potlucks, and volunteer events, etc.
- Oversee administrative policies within the organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate
- Support HR function by assisting with interview scheduling, employee onboarding and offboarding, etc. Assist in maintaining employee/onboarding documents.
- Managing the Leadership Team’s Corporate expense reports
- Office Management, including managing the janitorial, office supply, maintenance, and building security services to ensure timely and effective service delivery.
- Manage, implement and maintain the SEAP (Site Emergency Action Plan) and lead the incident management team in implementing disaster/preparedness drills throughout the year.
- Update and maintain Skyward Google Drive organization, permissions, etc.
- Manage all company expenses through Concur (office supplies, business-critical software, kitchen orders, equipment, misc./etc.)
- Intake and evaluate all mail for Skyward’s Portland office and send to appropriate individuals internally and externally
You will need to have
- 3+ years of office management experience
- BA or BS preferred or equivalent work experience
Even better if you have
- Exquisite time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment
- A self-starter with a passion for turning ambiguity in to order
- Team player with strong initiative and empathy
- Great communication and listening skills
#3 Office Admin- ZapLabs
Are you an energetic team player who is an expert at juggling priorities? Do you have several years of experience in a similar capacity, strict attention to detail, enjoy helping people, a love of the tech environment? If so, Realogy, Emeryville, CA might be the place for you. We have a tech startup vibe while having the stability and budgets that go along with being part of a Fortune 500. We are changing the way the real estate industry uses technology and having a lot of fun doing it.
- Support the Senior Leadership team.
- Coordinate with Headquarters in Madison, NJ Executive Assistants to maintain calendars with Emeryville’s Senior Leadership team.
- Manage schedules: Book conference rooms, confirm attendees, greet outside guests and ensure any materials are prepared.
- Calendar management for Senior Leadership team and company event calendar.
- Manage office kitchen and general supplies daily.
- Event planning and event execution for events such as Bi-weekly employee meetings, monthly team building events, seasonal holiday events, monthly birthdays, work anniversaries, company picnics, and regularly scheduled events such as Cyber Security quarterly meetings, Flu shot clinic, Bio-screening clinic for annual Benefit enrollment. Assist with organizing volunteer events.
- Manage invoice process using web-based payables system. Ability to set up new vendors, account code invoices, monitor invoice payment cycle. Update team members with the status of invoices as requested. Work with team members to clear their invoice queues. Work with team members/vendors regarding billing questions and issues.
- Coordinate with the Talent Acquisition team preparing for the arrival of new hires to include: new desk set-up, I9 process, access badge assignment. Coordinate with internal IT for new hire equipment. Take a photo of a new hire, post a welcome slide on media screens.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with the on-site property management office. Submit facility work orders for general office requests, reserving building campus conference room space using the property manager’s online work order system.
- Handle administrative items as needed (e.g., expense reports, food orders for lunch meetings/HQ events, filing, scanning, data entry)
- Maintain/Audit access card badges and garage parking users.
- Reconcile expense reports and manage documents related to office expenses.
- Attend required building training events – Fire Life Safety Training. Prepare office for annual Fire Drill Evacuation.
- Coordinate travel as needed and have a good understanding of corporate travel policy.
- Manage office mail, prepare shipping via UPS.
- Provide daily visitor list to building security desk.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years supporting senior-level staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt and think quickly and think quickly to changing priorities, to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Mac/PC proficiency with high-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Availability to support traveling members of the Senior Leadership team.
- Experience planning and managing events.
- Ability to drive for events and meeting plan needs.
- Ability to lift over 10lbs. and comfortable using the freight elevator.
- Experience planning and managing events.