Job Description of Network & System Administrator
We are looking for a Network and System Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network in our organization. You must be able to install and configure computer networks and systems and identify and solve any problems that arise.
You will also have to maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software. Additionally, you will need to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
Your responsibilities as a Network and System Administrator include:
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Ensure that email and data storage networks work properly.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, coordinate computer network access and use, and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by the end-user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Consult clients to specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Work with IT support personnel.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Make sure that employees’ workstations are working efficiently and they stay connected to the central computer network.
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to computer or information science. As administrators work with computer hardware and equipment, a degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering is acceptable as well. However, because network technology is continually changing, administrators need to keep up with the latest developments.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching.
- Knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritising and multitasking
- Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE training is desirable.
Sample Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India
IBM’s Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award ‘Best Employer of People with Disabilities’ and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Business Unit Introduction
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services – IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Who you are?
As Solaris Administrator, you are responsible for installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Solaris Operating Systems.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What will you do
- Install and maintain all Solaris server hardware and software systems and administer all servers performance, utilization and ensure availability for same Prepare program-level, user-level documentation on an as-needed basis
- Maintenance and repair of IBM Power systems including hardware and operating systems software support
- The main interface to customers for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of technical services
- Accountable to ensure a high level of customer happiness with service delivery
- To review Backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security-related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to exist processes and procedures
- Craft a service performance, usage report and respond to issue requests
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Solaris Server administration
- Experience in UNIX Environment – Solaris v6.0, v7.0, v7.5
- Expertise in installation, configuration and upgradation, patching, administration and storage implementation
- Ability to articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Proficient in risk-based systems running on UNIX / Solaris platforms
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of OS clustering, partitioning, virtualization and storage administration, integration with operating systems
- Demonstrated expertise in UNIX – Solaris and Linux VERITAS clustering, VXVM implementation
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work.
- The intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
What will you do?
You will become a member of an international team. You will be responsible for solving network related issues (operations, 3rd level support) and cooperate with other network colleagues in other countries to cover all network functionality in EMEA region
Mostly you will:
- Manage the Accenture LAN/WAN network (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Aruba, Symantec) for Middle East, Africa and Europe region as a 3rd level support
- Deliver network services by ticketing system as defined in SLA and by on-call support.
- Solve network failures, maintenance, tests, patching, deployment and replacement of devices per predefined Accenture standards. Ensure adherence to policies, processes and procedures, create your own scripts to automate regular tasks.
- Configure and actively use Management and Monitoring Systems
- Maintenance of network documentation and create reports
What we expect from you:
- Good knowledge of English (to communicate with international teammates easily)
- At least of 2 years of experience in maintenance of LAN/WAN network
- Experience in utilizing Network Management and Monitoring systems
- Hands-on experience in at least two of below technologies: switches (trucking, aggregating interfaces, VTP, STP), routers (BGP, QOS, VOIP, Multicasts, GRE, VRF, IPSec), firewalls (filtering, routing, NAT), SSL VPN Concentrators, WIFI controllers and Access Points
- Ability to solve problems individually (e.g. troubleshoot network issues)
What we can offer:
- Support for your career and competencies development – learning from the best IT experts on the market, training and certifications, allowing you to boost your skills and become #BEFUTUREPROOF
- After the trial period possibility to partially work from home
- Using foreign language and new technology solutions daily, cooperating with various Clients
- CSR activities and rich social life – Book Club, International Cuisine Club, Accenture Runners Club, family events, cultural meetings, photography classes, climbing, soccer, swimming
- Full work comfort – private medical care, life insurance, access to MyBenefit platform
SVF Entertainment Pvt. Ltd
Desired Qualification: B.Tech/BCA
Experience: 5 – 6 years
Network Admin (5 – 6 Years)
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco,HP & Palalto network equipment.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Secures the networks by developing and implementing network access,monitoring, control, and evaluation systems; maintaining documentation.
- Maintains Unified Communications, VoIP, and any related equipment, services and platforms.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network system protocols, standards and Fiber Optic.
- Hand on experience with a wide variety devices (routers, switches, firewalls,wireless, VoIP)
- Experience with monitoring tools, and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to demonstrate technical understanding network and application layer protocols such as IPv4,IPv6, TCP, UDP, SMTP, DNS, HTTPS.
- Ability to implement and support routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)and WAN technologies. Knowledge and exposure to a variety of firewall environments.
- Strong knowledge of security standards.
- Positive Attitude towards work.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Time Management Skills.
- 6.Teamwork skills.