Medical Sales Representative Interview Questions
A medical sales representative sells prescription drugs and medical equipment to private healthcare providers, including doctors and hospitals on behalf of pharmaceutical and manufacturing companies. An ideal candidate will have strong customer service, sales, and communication skills to achieve sales targets and increase product awareness by putting forward its benefits.
The below questions will help you find the right fit for this role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a medical sales representative should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- What do you think is the rewarding part of the job?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Describe a busy workday.
- Why should you have in-depth knowledge of the medical product/equipment?
- Imagine me being a healthcare provider. Sell me this product (any drug/machine).
- How would you convince a potential customer currently using another company’s products to switch to yours?
- What information would you need to sell a new epileptic medicine?
- When do you stop pursuing a client?
- Tell us about your negative experiences so far.
- How flexible are you with your working hours?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.