Legal counsel Interview Questions
A legal counsel will be responsible for taking decisions pertaining to the legal matters of an organization. They will help companies avoid legal traps and solve problems by giving the right advice. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the field and experience in the industry. Look for candidates who are highly motivated, perform multitasking with ease, and have good decision-making skills.
The below questions will help you find the right fit.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a general counsel should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Tell us about a decision of yours in your previous workplace that helped them come out of a major legal problem.
- Tell us about a time you took help from outside sources to solve a legal issue.
- Which kind of problems require outside help?
- How will you ensure we stay compliant with the laws and regulations?
- How do you stay updated with the changing rules and regulations?
- How do you handle stress?
- Tell us about a decision that you regret. What would you change if given the chance today?
- Which is the most difficult decision you have ever taken? What did you learn from it?
- What was the most difficult task/decision you had to take at your previous company?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.