Legal Assistant Interview Questions
When screening candidates for the role of a legal assistant, look for their knowledge of legal protocols, nomenclature, procedures, and communication skills. Shortlist those who have good skills in research, court systems, and case management software required for dealing with different cases. The below questions will help you assess the candidates better.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a legal assistant should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- What made you choose the field of law as your career?
- How would you begin researching for a specific case?
- What experience do you have in billing clients and creating payment plans for legal services?
- How comfortable are you with complex legal jargon as your role requires you to read long legal documents?
- How will you manage confidentiality for client cases?
- Explain the steps for summarizing a deposition.
- How will you stay organized and efficient while working with multiple lawyers parallelly?