Home Health Aide Interview Questions
Home health aides are usually hired by an individual or the family of the patient who needs the care. They may also be hired by hospitals and other healthcare service providers. Look for candidates with a caring, sensitive, and responsible attitude. They need to be alert, attentive, and quick to respond during emergency situations. Having a certification in CPR, etc., will be a plus point.
The below questions will help you find the right person for the need.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a home health aide should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- What do you think is the rewarding part of the job?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What are the tasks you were responsible for in your last job?
- What experience do you have of this specialty? Any age-related experiences?
- Tell us about your experience with a physically challenged/ specially-abled person.
- Did you ever face an emergency? What did you do?
- An epileptic patient has a sudden episode of seizures with no one else at home. How do you handle the situation?
- Why did you choose to become a home aide?
- What certifications and trainings do you possess for this role?
- How would you care for a patient who doesn’t want to accept that he needs a home aide?
- How do you think younger patients are different from older ones? Who are more difficult to handle?
- Would you want to change your specialty or learn something new?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.