Job Description for Graphic Designer
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media. If you believe you are a self-starter, capable of delivering creative ideas & show amazing attention to detail, let’s meet.
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information & materials
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size, and style & related aesthetic concepts
- Liaise and manage stakeholder requirements, budget, design style, format, print production & timescales
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on the agreed brief
- Develop illustrations, logos & other designs using software or by hand
- Use appropriate colors & layouts for each graphic
- Work with copywriters and creative directors to produce the final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing
- Communicate with stakeholders about layout & design
- Create a wide range of graphics & layouts for product illustrations, company logos & websites using tools like Photoshop
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements if needed
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results within timelines
Skill sets/Experience we require:
- Proven work experience in graphic design or a related field
- Proficiency in desktop publishing tools including Photoshop, InDesign Quark & Illustrator
- An eye for aesthetics and details
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work methodically & meet deadlines
- Professional approach to time, costs & deadlines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
Sample Job Descriptions
#1 Graphic Designer – Intel, Bangalore
Responsibilities may be quite diverse and are exempt nontechnical in nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short time periods during breaks from school.
We’re looking for a talented, innovative, and passionate graphic designer to help us in this important task. You will have the opportunity to utilize your existing design skills, while also developing new ones, and expanding your business acumen, and gaining a deep understanding of the recruitment and HR disciplines. Your work is what could make the difference in how successful Intel is in attracting the talent it is after.
In this role, you will support various global and local creative design needs, to aid in positioning Intel as an Employer of Choice among our talent target audience. You will be expected to apply creativity and artistry, while closely working with our Employer Brand and Corporate Brand guidelines.
Projects include events collateral, digital & online assets, email templates, PowerPoint templates, posters, and more.
You will be part of a marketing services team, working closely with other Employer Branding and Talent Acquisition functions. This team is part of the Marketing and Communications organization in HR.
Please note, you should include a link to your portfolio in your CV.
- Fluency in English
- At least 2 years of experience working in Graphic Design, with a brand book
- Proven proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, and Flash)
- Advantage: HTML / video editing / HTML email design skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive, creative, innovative, ethical (to avoid copyright infringement)
- Ability to work under pressure, handle last-minute requests when needed, and provide quick response creations without compromising quality
- Comfortable with an iterative, collaborative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company’s culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel’s business goals.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
#2 Absentia Virtual Reality – Graphic Designer (2-4 yrs) Bangalore
Who are we looking for?
We are on the lookout for a graphic designer with 2+ years of experience in delivering excellent visuals that can help promote our client’s brand and products.
The ability to grow fast and the vision of growing big is a must.
What We Expect from the Candidate
- Ability to translate ideas, mock-ups into visually engaging creatives.
- Knowledge of design principles such as composition, color theory, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Experience with branding projects and presentations.
- Experience with marketing campaigns, e-mailers, and social media communication.
- Communication skills.
- Commanding skills in graphic design tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Understanding of motion graphics & basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects will be looked at as an added advantage.
What will you work on?
- Conceptualizing creatives for social media campaigns across channels such as Google, Linked In, Facebook, Instagram, or work on conceptualized creatives, etc.
- Create online marketing collateral such as company presentations, proposals, product portfolios, case studies, etc.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on various projects of top brands across all sectors.
Find new and unique ways to use our design guidelines while ensuring creativity is consistent with our visual identity, industry best practices, and our brand positioning.
Desired Personality Traits
- Keen a sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Flexibility and adaptability in challenging situations.
- Should be aware of Smart Tech and Digital Branding.
- Versatility in terms of interest as we are into everything from BSFI to FoodTech
There will be a 3-Level Test. Your Hiring will be based on your performance on each level of the test.
- Appraisal and work evaluation every 6 months
#3 Graphic Designer – Walmart
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining digital assets for US Walmart Store associates, Academies, and Home Office associates. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Think conceptually applying a user-centered approach to requirements and inter-dependencies – to develop engaging learning interfaces.
Produce all graphics, charts, and illustrations for all learning content requirements and ensure that all pieces fit together to create a cohesive look and feel.
Steer interaction design decisions are based on good judgment, experience, research, and data.
Provide and receive constructive feedback and revise the visual content based on the overall feedback.
Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers every day.
Create supporting material for training content such as (audio, video, animations, etc.) and design storyboards for online learning.
Independently develop & design Learning content with SCORM output, create videos/images/graphics as required for learning modules.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results – Help to visualize and communicate the overall Learning design. Combine the two essential traits of creativity and having an eye for detail, to visualize the outcome of an eLearning course design. Creates well-designed focal points that guide learners as they study, draws attention to the most important parts of a course, and highlights important items to remember. Create designs that help to improve readability for highly technical topics with the use of graphic design elements like font, layout, and white space. Able to create rough sketches and storyboards to help the client visualize the overall Training design. Ensure that every design component aligns with brand image and suits the subject matter by turning complex ideas into easily digestible graphs, charts, and tables.
Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance – Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
Influence and Communicate: Build Influence – Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one’s perspectives and initiatives. Communicate with clients, customers, and other designers to ensure that designs accurately reflect the project objectives. Comfortable meeting with clients and stakeholders to discuss project expectations, scope, and desired outcomes. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline.
Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance – Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
Adaptability: Adapt Professionally – Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one’s area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
Build Relationships: Form Relationships – Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Enters and locates information on computer.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
Reads information, often in small print.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent field and 1-3 years of proven experience working with digital assets and/or campaigns
Proficient in the use of graphic design tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), PowerPoint, and Adobe Experience Manager
Synthesize graphic representations of complex systems (using Technical Illustration, Infographics, or similar) and know how to display data in interesting and easily digestible ways
Basic knowledge of HTML & responsive web design a big plus (Bootstrap/HTML5/CSS3/Jquery)
Experience with rapid authoring tools like Elucidat, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, etc.
Ability to work quickly; respond to and prioritize multiple requests; be responsive to the time-critical nature of training delivery deadlines
Ability to work collaboratively with team members, be self-motivated and self-directed
Interest in user experience, environmental graphic design, and deep understanding of design principles and industry trends
Strong collaboration skills a must, as the candidate will be working closely with content managers, creative & content designers, business stakeholders, and more
Self-starter, problem-solver attitude
Ability to work independently and as part of a highly communicative team
Extremely effective and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Experience working in B2B (Business to Business) and/or supporting a highly motivated retail organization
A strong design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
Ecommerce/Digital Retail experience a plus
Department: Executive Development
Open Positions: 1
Skills Required: Graphic design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Communication, Comprehension, InDesign, Adobe Experience Manager
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Education/Qualification: Any Graduate/PG
Desirable Skills: project management, commercial design, Elucidat
Posted On: 26-Nov-2019
Designation: Analyst I, Content Design and Development
#4 Graphic Designer – Mindapps, Bangalore
EXP: 1+ Years of experience in graphic design
Education: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos, and website designs using photoshop or illustrator
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
#5 Graphic Designer – Buyhatke, Bangalore
Location: Bangalore (only local candidates)
Function: Design and Creative → Graphic Design / Animation
- Cultivate a solid body of work
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stakeholders, etc.
- Up to date with industry-leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc)
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
Buyhatke is one of India’s most loved shopping research destinations and touches over 10 million user sessions a month. Buyhatke is working on building the most ubiquitous layer on any internet-connected device and powering insights around anything commerce. Buyhatke has a lot of global firsts to its name and has got tremendous user love for the same. Buyhatke envisions to touch millions of users daily and help them have an amazing shopping experience and touch them at various decision-making points of their journey.
Hatke is a Hindi word that means different. Buyhatke in its journey was started with a motive of being different in everything that we do. And we have built out an amazing culture that has delivered some of the most amazing global firsts at Buyhatke. We approach doing things in a hatke way in every activity that we do. We have over 40% workforce women, we challenge the status quo almost every day, we change how things operate, we have dropouts and we have IIT Bits grads, we are young driven and hatke in every sense of the word. Here’s a vid that enunciates that And we abhor what people say that beautiful global firsts can’t come from India. We remind them that saying most of the amazing workforce at the most innovative organizations are dominated by Indians. We are just staying back in India and beautifully handcrafting innovations that would change how a billion Indians shop.
Why Explore a Career at Buyhatke
We are a passionate young team working on improving the decision-making in the shopping of a billion Indians. We have had amazing innovations that have impacted 10s of millions of people and we are just getting started. Do your life’s best work here. That changes how India shops online. The team at Buyhatke creates game-changing innovations that have changed already how millions shop online. We have groundbreaking hits twice with Chrome extension & Assistant which has saved over 200 crores for users and has made them better shoppers. But we are 1% done. We are just getting started. If delivering the ultimate shopping experience to a billion Indians is what excites you, come join us.
Founded in 2012 • 10 – 50 employees • Headquartered in Bangalore