Graphic Designer Interview Questions
When screening candidates for the role of a graphic designer, look at their work samples and direct your questions at them. Essentially, ascertain your requirement first- whether you need the designer for working with a brand exclusively or with multiple clients.
The below questions will help evaluate their soft skills and knowledge of the field.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a graphic designer should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What is the importance of communication in graphic designing?
- What is the difference between associative and non-associative hatching in CAD?
- What is Linked Layer?
- What are the core graphic design principles?
- What is the Golden Ratio in graphic design composition? Explain its significance.
- How do you measure the success of the designs you have made?
- How do you stay updated with the latest trends and technology?
- How is print media designing different from digital media designing?
- Tell us about your experience in presenting your designs to clients.
- How comfortable are you working with tight deadlines?
- Tell us about your most favorite design. Was it successful?
- How comfortable are you working with different clients for their varied needs?
- How quickly can you adapt to change?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.