General Manager Interview Questions
A general manager monitors the entire hierarchy of a company and becomes the prime person of contact when any wrong situation with a customer arises. The role is essential in every business as they are majorly a team leader.
While interviewing candidates, ensure you look out for their leadership, communication, time-management, training, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and emergency-handling skills as they will be exposed to these in their everyday work life.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a general manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How do you delegate work to employees?
- Tell us about a time when you had to work with multiple teams. How did you ascertain every team’s success?
- How do you communicate to an employee their underperformance and ensure the message gets delivered positively?
- Tell us about a time when you changed the operations or traditional work methods of your company to bring about enhanced efficiency, productivity and increased revenue. How far were you successful in doing so?
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- You receive an urgent complaint from a customer. They are very angry over the behaviour of one of the waiters. How do you handle the situation?
- How do you motivate workers to adopt new processes and technology?
- What do you think about communication between different departments? Do you think it’s vital?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.