Job Description of Front End Developer
We are looking for a front-end developer who can make our website/application have the ‘wow’ factor. As a front-end developer, you will need to ensure the design specifications are met along with the functional requirements. You will help the core team to define how the application should look and function.
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes into interactive code for our users.
- Design and create solutions for business problems for (…) portal
- Create a scalable structure when creating new code
- Drive improvements in usability and interactivity
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- Strong attention to detail and solid communication skills
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- A clear understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and their solutions
- Regular user of Git, and/or versioning tool
- Good understanding of Typescript
- Experience working at a software product company is a major plus
Samples from other companies
Company Name: CleverTap
Company Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
What is CleverTap?
CleverTap is a SaaS platform that helps consumer businesses improve user engagement & retention through advanced analytics, predictive segmentation, user experience optimization, and omni-channel campaign orchestration. Global brands such as GO-JEK, Dream11, Vodafone, Hotstar, Fandango, and 7-Eleven use CleverTap to offer delightful, personalized experiences to their users.
CleverTap was founded in 2013, and has offices in San Francisco, London, Singapore, and Mumbai. Our investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia, Accel & Recruit.
What does our Engineering team do?
- Our team uses deep computer science to solve problems at internet scale.
- Some aspects of the scale we operate at:
- 10 Billion Data points ingested daily (For reference Google searches a day are about 5.6 Billion)
- 35 Million notifications delivered in 1 minute
- 1 Trillion data points stored
- 100 Billion data points scanned within 4 seconds
And all of it happening on a database that has been built in-house!
What are we hiring for?
- If you enjoy designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software
- Can manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Have interest & ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- And can take a First-principles approach to problem-solving
Then we are looking for you, to join us in our Mumbai office (Maximum city, probably the only place where autos follow the meter!). If you think you are smart enough, then join us and help us scale CleverTap even higher!
Frontend developer will :
Front-end engineers will work on our dashboard, website, blog, app and support site.Will collaborate with user experience designers, graphic designers, backend engineers and other frontend engineers. Responsible for building and maintaining elements that include Graphs, widgets, custom UI controls, and much more.
- Strong appreciation for design/usability.
- 2+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Working knowledge of Vue.js preferred.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Comfortable with high paced environment.
- Well versed in agile methodology.
- Experience in software shipping cycles (dev, deploy, release, CI) and open-source software dev
Brownie points on
- Experience with full-stack Web development.
- Deep understanding of testing best practices (i.e. test-driven development, coverage analysis, …).
- Professional experience with Mongo
- Experience in Code reviews
Why should you join us?
- If you think you are ready for your next challenge & to learn from some of the best engineering minds in the industry.
- If you want to work on building large scale high-performance systems
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Hierarchy is a Myth, Merit is lauded
- Seamlessly shift from coding on your Macbook Pro to discussing “insert fav bookname” over a drink
- Collaborate with other teams and beat them later at Table Tennis
- Hear some of our folks speak
Company Location: Bengaluru Area, India
Cred is a community of the most creditworthy people in India who manage and pay their credit cards while unlocking rewards from a wide collection of premium brands. Cred has raised a total of $150 million USD led by sequoia capital, ribbit capital, and 4 other investors.
At Cred, you will learn and collaborate with team members from Google, Flipkart, Mckinsey, Myntra, Sequoia, Go-JEK, Grab, Ixigo, Amazon and Uber.
You will work in a high growth early-stage environment with constant change and chaos. We are an honest and passionate team looking to change the trust, luxury, and finance experience in India. We are driven by the mission and the inspiring team around us.
What will you do:
- Working on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Responsible to drive innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
You should apply If you are:
- 2+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building high-performance consumer web applications or services.
- Good exposure to front end UI frameworks like ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar.
- Very good at analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Constantly learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you.
- Working in an agile team environment and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team.
- Passionate to code, but also you’re awesome at it!
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available for you:
- Monthly salary paid at the beginning of the month
- Our pantry is stocked with healthy snacks and meals
- Medical Insurance for the team and dependent family members
OpsRamp enables IT to manage more workloads with less work. Our cloud platform creates a central hub that all IT teams – from operations to service management and everyone in between – use to manage today’s complex hybrid computing environment. Built for enterprise IT and service providers, OpsRamp delivers the “killer app” for end-to-end IT management. Hundreds of organizations rely on OpsRamp to gain more visibility and control of their entire hybrid IT ecosystem.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our mission is to transform IT operations management complexity by applying machine intelligence and automation. We’re taking the world of IT operations by storm, by accelerating the speed and agility of enterprise IT teams, and transforming them into business-driven service providers.
OpsRamp is looking for a Front End UI Engineer in Portland, Oregon. Join a team of innovators and be part of the next revolution in Ops automation! To learn more about OpsRamp visit us at www.opsramp.com
About The Role
- Our frontend or full-stack engineer build scalable, responsive and complex web UI.
- Experience with delivering large-scale dashboards containing complex data visualization.
- You’ll be working with offshore development teams.
- Research, architect and implement responsive, reusable, customizable next-generation web and mobile components and interfaces.
- Develop new ways of visualizing data and communicating information to end-users.
- Educate, support the team on UI issues and promote good UI practices amongst developers.
- 4+ years of experience delivering enterprise or commercial web-based applications.
- You love tinkering with UI problems and devising the best ways to solve them.
- Experience with implementing web/mobile user interface using one or more UI frameworks such as React, Vue.js, AngularJS or others.
- Experience optimizing SPA for performance and scalability.
- Experience implementing web-based dashboards utilizing one or more data visualization libraries (SVG or WebGL) such as D3.js, deck.gl, JointJS, Cytoscape.js or others.
- Experience with server-side implementations using JSP, Spring, Hibernate or Node.js.
- Experience with developing cross-platform (Android/IOS) UI for mobile platforms.