Financial planner Interview Questions
A financial planner is responsible for evaluating the risks and benefits of a product and are of all financial transactions to give the most profitable option to the customer. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the domain and will stay up to date with the trends in the industry. He/She will have good analytical and decision-making skills and will provide the best industry-approved financial advice.
Here are some questions to help you screen candidates better.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a financial planner should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What is PP&E? How do you record it?
- What do you think are the 3 major challenges our company is facing?
- If hired, what are the 3 prime advices you will give us?
- What is the difference between budgeting and forecasting?
- Walk us through the steps to create a forecast model?
- How would you do model revenues for any company?
- What are factors to determine the accuracy of an excel model?
- If we have to increase our revenue in the next 5 years, what advice would you give us?
- Does positive cashflow mean a profitable company? Why?
- How often do you assess the financial results of a company of our size?
- Which financial analysis software are you familiar with?
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.