Financial Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to monitor all our financial data and prepare accurate statements for the company. You will have to collect, analyze, investigate, and report financial data and support the management to take financial decision-making goals.
Financial Accountant’s responsibilities include budgeting, managing tax payments, and performing internal audits. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, and conduct cost and revenues analyses. Ultimately, you will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the law and support our company’s investments.
The Financial Accountant’s job duties are broad and varied. You need to:
- Prepare monthly statements by collecting data; analyze and investigate variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Prepare quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Manage the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet, banking, and intercompany reconciliations.
- Comply with tax-filing requirements by studying regulations; adhere to requirements; advise management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for tax filings.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; apply financial principles and practices; develop recommendations.
- Prepare special reports by studying variances; prepare budgets; developing forecasts.
- Stay updated with current financial regulations and accepted practices; participate in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Prepare weekly cash flow statements, and control expenditure and cash flow.
- Prepare for GST, Fringe benefits tax (FBT), Payroll systems.
- Supervise any Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff.
- Manage and train staff when necessary.
A degree and experience in the financial field. Degrees in the following subjects should be highlighted as particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
A Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) qualification is likely to give a competitive edge to a Financial Account job description.
Additional skills required for this post:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in Accounting.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Process and deadline-driven mindset with a keen eye for detail.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a deadline-oriented approach.
- A strong negotiator who can develop ongoing working relationships.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data and perform data and statistical analysis to spot trends and anomalies.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other financial software and tools for reporting and analysis purposes.
Permanent Job, Full Time
As per the industry standards.
Who we are?
A brief synopsis of the company
Samples Job Descriptions
#1 Piramal Glass USA
- Financial Reporting activities of PEL India (Standalone, listed) – Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual closing
- Monthly / Quarterly variation analysis and maintenance of necessary accounting hygiene
- Ensuring compliances & submissions applicable to Finance (e.g. CSR limits, Remuneration limits, XBRL, etc.)
- Tax audit & tax assessments
- Preparation & maintenance of SOPs applicable to the function
- Assistance in the consolidation of group financial statements during quarterly and annual reviews/audit
- Partnering with internal stakeholders (sites, Shared services, etc.) to deliver quality audit support to auditors
2 to 3 years Chartered Accountant with following attributes:
- Qualification in First attempt
- Knowledge of Ind AS
- Big 4 experience
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Mumbai
Work Locations: Kurla
Project: Piramal Agastya, PRL Agastya Pvt Ltd., LBS Marg, Kamani Junction, Near Phoenix Mall, Kurla (West)
- Accounts Payable processes such as processing invoices, updating accounting systems, managing communication with client’s employees and vendors on accounts payable issues, etc.
- Accounts Receivable processes such as managing accounts receivable transactions, sales report/expense statements, miscellaneous invoices, etc.
- General Ledger processes such as: preparing and posting journal entries, balance sheet accounts reconciliation and intercompany reconciliation processes, etc.
Ideal candidate profile:
- University education and up to 2 years of work experience
- Fluent in English and a second foreign language
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Available to work full time
Position – Manager
Location – Bangalore.
Experience – 3-5 years post qualification experience.
Academic Qualification – Qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant. A candidate from a real estate background will be given preference.
- Go-to person for financial advice to business impacting commercial decisions
- Build partnership and maintain a strong relationship with senior management
- Proactively provide analysis and insights to business that links financial reports to business strategies
- Enable and support the business through the financial system and tools to ensure commercial and financial targets are delivered
Reporting/Month-end close and MIS
- Revenue recognition, month-end close, and reporting
- Managing AP/AR
- Preparation of City P&L/Project P&L
- Project cash flow management and reporting
- Periodic analysis and reporting of Key Performance Indicators of a business unit
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Actively supporting an annual budget of the business line
- Performing monthly forecast
- Variance analysis and reporting. Taking corrective measures.
Skill Sets Required.
- Ability to understand a complex business unit
- Must be able to see the big picture while helping implement the procedural change on a daily basis.
- A fairly tech-savvy person along with strong technical knowledge of finance
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. A very good presentation skill.
- Strong in MS Office, particularly MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people, and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries, and a global workforce of over 90,000 as of December 31, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com