Dental Assistant Interview Questions
A job as a dental assistant can be both daunting and rewarding, and you will want to know that the prospective candidates are well qualified to manage a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis. While some questions can be unique to the actual dental office, some are more universal.
A range of sample dental assistant interview questions are given below:
- Describe how you sterilize and clean dental appliances.
- If you like dealing with children or adults? Why is this so?
- What piqued your interest in a career in dentistry?
- Do you have some laboratory experience, such as making tooth casts or temporary crowns?
- What are the guiding rules for providing excellent medical service?
- Do you have prior experience keeping dental records? If you have some other managerial or office experience?
- What kind of dental preparation experience do you have?
- Do you have CPR certification?
- Describe a time when you were working as a team and two people disagreed. How did you deal with the situation?
- How do you perform when you are always being supervised? How do you respond to constructive criticism?
- Why do you want to work for our firm specifically?
- Describe a situation in which you have to deal with a troublesome patient. How did you deal with the situation?