Job Description for Customer Support Specialist
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to assist our customers with technical problems when using our products and services. Our Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for handling questions, comments, and complaints, and provide service or product information, solutions, and relevant details to customers regarding our business. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our clients’ trust. Your ultimate goal will be to provide a positive customer experience and enhance relationships between consumers and our business.
You must be well-versed in working with the public, answering questions, and resolving issues. You will need to answer phones, reply to emails and chats, provide troubleshooting information, report and analyze customers’ information and needs, issue billing details, and open and close customer accounts.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email, or chat.
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- If unable to resolve the issue directly, then route customers to the appropriate personnel for assistance.
- Analyze and report product malfunctions.
- Convert potential customers by answering product and service questions.
- Monitor customer complaints on social media and reach out to assist.
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members.
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities.
- Update internal databases with information about technical concerns and useful discussions with customers.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Gather customer feedback, conduct customer surveys and share insights with the Product, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Maintain weekly reports on customer inquiries, responses, and feedback to develop customer service analytics and trends.
- Assist in training peers on improving customer support service.
While there is no formal education required to apply for the post, a Bachelor’s degree in communication or business, or a Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in business administration is preferred.
- Experience in a related field.
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools.
- Understanding of how CRM systems work.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and effective multi-taskers.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
Sample Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As a Workday Support Specialist, you will be working on solving Workday Related tickets and tasks. Workday is a Global HR tool that houses almost all HR processes.
What you’ll do:
- Investigates and analyzes employee Service Requests and process them in Workday
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access setting, and hierarchies to support organization structures
- Answer Colleagues/Clients in the use of Workday through different communication channels (eg. Zendesk, Forums, and email)
- Perform rescind, correct, and analysis of basic HCM, Organization Management, Security, Time and Absence, and Compensation-related workflows or transactions.
- Participate in the creation and deployment of Watson Chatbot to ensure that employees will have a better experience in Workday
- Collaborate with managers in processing conversion and extension of their employees based on the policy and guidelines given.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Workday Business Processes
- Analytical Skills to assess each issue and arrive at a best possible technical solution
- Employee Experience mindset
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Workday experience
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success, and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Job Title: Application Support Specialist (BA3)
The Automation Analyst will perform an important role in the GTIS: Automation team, working on the implementation, maintenance, adoption, and maturity of the monitoring and automation tooling.
What will you be doing?
- Provide knowledge on all monitoring and automation tools within the team
- Work with other application and infrastructure teams to ensure solutions are delivered by compliance guidelines and are in line with other bank-wide initiatives. E.g. AWS
- Identify opportunities to use the toolset to drive automation and change within the organization, focusing on improving service quality and automation
- Delivery of work items that align with the roadmaps
- Database release management
- Cognitive (“learning”) software
- Deliver the tooling to the application teams, drive adoption and maturity to embed these within the day-to-day lives of the community.
- Work with customers to understand how the tooling can be applied to address tasks and issues within the various test and support functions.
- Actively seek out areas for improvement and deliver these through agreed roadmaps
- Exploit the tooling to facilitate improvements in the applications through a reduction in incidents, quicker diagnosis, and better end-to-end visualization of services from user experience to backend performance.
What we’re looking for:
- Self-starter and ability to operate independently
- Detailed Knowledge of products/functions outside of the day to day area supported
- Demonstrates a good end to end understanding of the systems processing for the business areas and relationships
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technical knowledge, applications, and techniques
- Uses technical knowledge to create new opportunities and solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
- ITIL Foundation preferred
- Experience in and Monitoring and Alerting environment preferred
- Production of high-quality documentation
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Where will you be working?
*Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune-based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run-up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Kolkata, India
Agnik is a global connected car technology company (www.agnik.com) operating in 38 countries headquartered in the USA with major consumer brands like Vyncs (www.vyncs.com) and several B2B products. Agnik is looking for several full-time members of its Technical Support Team in its New Town, Kolkata office. If you want to join an innovative team that creates groundbreaking market-disrupting products and enjoys serving customers then send a copy of your complete resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Technical Support Specialist”.
As an employee of Agnik, the primary focus of the Vyncs Technical Support Specialist is to provide support to the customers of Agnik’s market-leading Vyncs (www.vyncs.com) connected car product using an online ticketing system, live chat, email, and phone. This position would require understanding the Vyncs product, helping the customer by answering questions, and resolve issues in collaboration with the technical development team. The position does not require extensive travel.
- Answer questions about the Vyncs product and services.
- Diagnose reported problems. Perform technical analysis to identify the root cause of issues.
- Respond to the tickets submitted by the users.
- Help users over the online chat interface.
- Interact with customers over the telephone.
- Document support process and optimize the customer experience.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support.
- Work with the technical development team to fix the issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 – 3 years related experience supporting systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in fluent English. Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and potential customers.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and email systems.
Rs. 8,000 – 12,000 per month
New Town, Kolkata