Content Writer Interview Questions
A Content Writer is entitled to curate valuable content for the company to create relatable and informative pieces, engage the audience, increase traffic. Their work revolves majorly around implementing certain marketing strategies that can indirectly generate leads and increase revenue.
Candidates must be screened in 3 arenas- writing, editing and researching. These form the basic foundation of any content writer irrespective of the experience he/she owns. Strong command over the language, impressive vocabulary, firm grip on grammar, and skills to create content suitable for diverse platforms and fields will be your ideal candidate. You want someone who can create magic with their words, whose words alone can sell your product. A comprehensive lot of his/her sample work will give you a better understanding of the work they do.
You may also opt to make them undergo a written assignment that can best define their potential. Ensure the topic revolves around the work he/she is required to do in future for your company.
Here is a list of questions you can ask him/her for assessing them further.
- Why do you think you’re suitable for this role?
- What attracted you to apply for our company?
- What do you think is the voice our company follows in its written pieces?
- According to you, which voice should we instead write in?
- What’s the importance of voice?
- We often invest in content that is given away for free. Why do you think we do it? How is it helping the company?
- What is your understanding of SEO?
- How would you prioritize work?
- Readout to us your most favourite written work.
- What will you do if your article isn’t generating enough traffic?
- Which field are you most comfortable in?
- Do you think your words can sell themselves? Why?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years?
- What motivates you to write?
- How many pieces/articles could you deliver in a week?
- Any content you’d suggest our marketing team work on?
- What is an infographic?
- What is Adwords?
- How would you define your writing style?