Job Description Of Content Writer
We are on the lookout for a talented Content Writer to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content, and web copy. We’re looking for someone who can expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content. You should have had a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material.
Your Responsibilities as a Content Writer:
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Researching and organizing facts and sources
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Building a following for the brand on social media with creative work
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Collaborating with campaign managers, creative team, and designers
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (websites, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
- Be willing to answer any questions posted by their readers.
- Create the content on e-books, podcasts, etc.
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Edit content produced by other members of the team
- Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to create an innovative content idea
Skillsets and Experience Needed for a Content Writer:
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, copywriter, or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and web analytics
- Bachelors/Masters in English, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
Sample Job Descriptions for a Content Writer
Content Writer – Zeta, Bangalore
Zeta is founded by Bhavin Turakhia and Ramki Gaddipati. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Radix, Ringo, Codechef, and Flock. These businesses comprise 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over USD 250+ million, and a group enterprise value of over USD 1.4 billion.
Zeta is on a mission to make digital payments easy, secure, inclusive, and valuable for corporations, employees, and merchants everywhere. Its businesses revolve around the key idea that spending and receiving money should be fast and trouble-free. Zeta is currently amongst the fastest growing B2B SaaS companies worldwide.
What is the Job like?
- Create and draft content for Zeta’s content properties such as blogs, websites, e-books, social media, etc
- Ideate and draft content for sales collaterals such as brochures, leaflets, handouts, etc
- Contribute towards developing and executing the monthly content calendar
- Maintain and update website content regularly
- Support PR team in drafting articles for publishing in the media, drafting press releases, press announcements, etc
- Draft scripts to develop product demo videos
- Follow and implement best practices for content optimization such as using relevant keywords, etc
- Draft copy for user communication, engagement, and education
- Work and collaborate with the relevant people across departments to source information
- Work on content management systems such as HubSpot
- Work with the relevant teams to plan content marketing ideas to promote content to relevant TG
Who should apply for this role?
- 3-5 years of writing experience
- Experience in writing content for marketing collaterals such as brochures, emailers, ad copy
- Experience in copywriting will be a plus
- Some experience working on a CMS tool will be helpful
What skills do we look for?
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- Experience in drafting content for various formats such as blogs, emailers, etc
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Creative thinking – to be able to contribute to the ideation process
- Great research and organizational skills
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable writing for B2B segment
- Should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle multiple projects at a time
- Very meticulous
- Ability to adapt and work well with people and teams
- Up to date with trends, social media, etc
- Overall friendly attitude, knows how to work hard and party hard
Content Writer – Cakezone Foodtech
Function: Marketing → Content Writing
- Create content for the website and product descriptions.
- Write content for blogs.
- Work with the marketing and product team and contribute content for email, social media.
- Interest in learning SEO and online marketing strategies.
About CakeZone Foodtech
CakeZone.com is an Online cake delivery portal currently operating in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and planning to expand in all major cities soon. Started by two young entrepreneurs with a background in IT startups. We want to solve the convenience problem faced by customers while ordering a cake for their special occasions.
Celebrations always begin with cakes, especially for birthdays and anniversaries. Now you don’t need to step out to grab one or compromise on quality or design. Sit back and we will be at your doorstep with that yummy cake. We deliver freshly baked, great customized cakes until midnight in Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Pune. We will soon expand to more cities. We also have separate sections for flowers and chocolate delivery to accompany cakes which are a great value add to our customers.
Why Explore a Career at CakeZone Foodtech
We are a few young entrepreneurs who fling off the oppression of their day jobs and follow their dream of creating a new business. We value customer’s experiences more.
CakeZone Foodtech Interview Process
- Applicant Screening – Qualified candidates are informed of the next steps beginning with a screening interview.
- Screening Interview – Initial interviews with applicants are typically phone calls. These interviews determine if applicants have the qualifications needed to do the job.
- Interviews – Interviews are scheduled for the candidates who all are completed the screening interview.
- Applicant Talent Assessment – During the interview, the recruiter often assigns applicants one or more standardized tests to assess the candidate.
Benefits at CakeZone Foodtech
Founded in 2016 • 50 – 200 employees • Headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka
NextSCM- Content Writer
Who are we?
– Increff, founded by IIT/IIM alumni & domain experts, funded by Sequoia Capital & Binny Bansal, is a technology & analytics enterprise helping Fashion & Lifestyle brands improve inventory turns through intelligent merchandising (Increff IRIS), efficient fulfillment (Increff ASSURE) & Warehousing as a Service (Increff WaaS)
Job description :
– You will be working with teams across the company to ensure that everything we tell our clients is in the simplest and most effective language. The role involves a fair amount of tech immersion and writing for business software users, especially in international markets such as Europe & North America
– Projects may include developing compelling audience-specific content for creative email campaigns, pitch decks, product videos, demos, FAQs, how-to guides, website copy, one-pagers, case studies, conference collateral, webinars, press releases, white papers, and more.
– You will have to review all website content, sales collateral, and other customer-facing documents to ensure messaging consistency
– Optimize all content for SEO for better reach and improve content programs
– 2+ years experience in copywriting and specifically business writing
– Experience creating both long-form (i.e. white papers, blogs, case studies) and short-form content
– Enjoys breaking down technical concepts and explaining in a simple language
– Is a grammar pedant
- Needs to have writing samples or portfolio links.