Benefits Specialist Interview Questions
As a benefits specialist, he/she/they are responsible for managing the benefits offered to employees, including insurance, retirement plans, stock options, and other perks. The ideal candidate will be able to work with confidentiality and ensure all benefits meet the legislative laws. The person should be focused on employee retention and satisfaction.
The below questions will help you screen candidates better.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a training manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- You must be aware of the benefits we offer to our employees. Which other perks would you recommend? Why?
- Which existing benefits do you think are doing us more harm than good?
- How do you ascertain the efficiency of a benefit in improving employee satisfaction?
- Which perks should a company offer to remote employees?
- Which benefits will attract interns?
- What are the maximum numbers of sick leaves a person can take in this country? After how many years does this change, if it does?
- How do you ensure employees understand and utilize their insurance perks?
- Did you ever get complaints from an employee? How did you respond to it? What are the steps to process it?
- What would you change if given the chance today?
- How comfortable are you with technology? Which HR software are you familiar with?
- What was the most difficult task/decision you had to take at your previous company?
- What is your biggest failure?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.