Bartender Interview Questions
Other names for a bartender include barkeeper, mixologist, alcohol server, and bar chef, to name a few. A bartender is essentially someone who works behind a bar and prepares or serves alcoholic (and certain non-alcoholic) drinks.
Bartenders will function in a “bar,” as well as taverns, restaurants, hotels, casinos, and other licensed establishments. Other duties that a bartender might have included serving food, taking inventory, and offering general customer service.
These questions will provide you with insight into your interviewees cocktail making skills, their personality, and more!
- What do you think a Bartender’s responsibilities are?
- Is it possible for you to work evenings and weekends?
- Do you have some previous bartending experience?
- Have you gone through some bartending schooling?
- What do you do if a wine glass shatters on the floor?
- Which seasonal cocktails would you recommend?
- What’s your go-to cocktail recipe?
- What is it about being a bartender that you enjoy the most?
- How would you kill time on a boring night?
- How would you handle a customer returning their drink?
- What kind of preparation would you make for a long shift on your feet?
- What do you do if you’re given a difficult drinks order and forget it?
- Several clients are vying for your attention – What is the best approach in this situation?
- Are you good at collaborating with others?
- How do you interact with your customers?