Account Manager Interview Questions
An account manager is responsible for fostering new clients while ensuring the existing ones are satisfied. While building a long-term relationship with clients, they need to handle their complaints and solve them well. They have to generate sales and revenue reports and upsell clients. Ideal candidates will have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
The below questions will help you make the right decision to select the best candidate for the role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an account manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Tell us how you built good relationships with clients in the past. What is necessary to do so?
- What do you know about the products and services we offer?
- How do you identify different potential clients and the ways to sell to them?
- Tell us about a time when you retained a client.
- Which CRM software are you familiar with?
- How do you stay organized?
- What would you do if you realize you are lagging with your sales targets?
- Walk us through a time the client feedback you received led to a solid change or upgrade in the product or service.
- How would you handle conflicts with clients?
- What would you do if you dint know the answer to a client’s query?
- How do you get customer feedback?
- Which metrics do you track?
- Tell us about a negative experience during client service.
- How do you define exceptional customer service?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.