Web Developer Interview Questions
Web developers, without a doubt, need a high level of technological expertise. When it comes to recruiting a web developer, however, candidates’ soft skills are just as important as their technical abilities.
The ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with colleagues inside or outside of the department who are also remote will decide if someone thrives or flounders on the job at a period when many IT professionals work from home. You may want to reconsider how you screen job candidates to avoid the high costs of a bad hire.
Here are some of the best web developer interview questions, with the first five focusing on soft skills.
- Can you tell me about some of the projects you’ve worked on and how you approached them from beginning to end?
- Have you ever delivered a presentation?
- In the world of technology, who do you look up to?
- Give an example of a website or app that frustrates you. What exactly is the issue?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with harsh criticism.
- What APIs have you used in the past?
- What do you think the biggest web development trends will be in the future?
- Have you worked with some content management systems?
- How well do you know SQL?
- What is the most significant difference between designing for mobile and developing for desktop?
- Is it possible to locate the error in this code?
- Which do you have more experience with desktop or mobile applications?
- Do you enjoy collaborating on projects with other web developers? Could you please give me an example?
- As a web developer, what industries have you served in? What value would you bring to our business as a result of your background?
- On the same day, you have four tasks due. How do you plan your time to ensure that each job is completed by the deadline?
- Have you ever built a code library before? If that’s the case, what’s the purpose of it?