Job Description for a Technical Writer
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation, instruction manuals, journal articles, and the like that contribute to the overall success of our products. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. If you have the knack to explain complex technical concepts in an easy-to-understand language, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities of a Technical Writer:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, providing product insights in a simple language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
Skill sets/Experience Required for Technical Writers:
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering teams to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
Sample Job Descriptions for a Technical Writer
Title: Technical Writer
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role, and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Position Title: Technical Writer
The technical writer team plays an integral role as the prime for installation, commissioning, software upgrades, software, and hardware feature functionality documentation for internal and external customers. The technical writer is part of the technical documentation team that delivers comprehensive and detailed publications related to our technology, products, processes, and operator procedures. Tasks include writing, editing, and quality control of several parallel streams of guides for our various programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with PLM, R&D, and Technical Support to generate manuals, customer communications, release notes, MOPs (Method Of Procedure), and other customer-facing documentation for CommScope wireless products. This includes the generation of documents for new products or communication and updating the existing documentation for release over release changes. Work with the extended team to collect input, generate documents following the policies and templates, and hold reviews. Publish the final documents to online repositories. Ultimately own the quality of the deliverables, and ensure that all customer-facing documents meet the expected and required levels of quality and are delivered on agreed to schedule.
RELATED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in the related curriculum such as liberal arts, technical writing, communication with 3 years of related experience
- Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Experience with voice, data, networking, or wireless
- Ability to grasp wireless technology concepts, and work with wireless products
- Strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a variety of peer teams
- Strong commitment to quality
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams in different time zones
- Self-driven and looking for ways to work around hurdles
- Ability to multi-task of equal and competing priority
- Solid FrameMaker experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and associated tools
- Working with minimum supervision
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sr Technical Writer (Bangalore)
The world runs on software. Yet delivering changes to software remains massively complicated, highly manual, and risk-prone. At Harness, our mission is to simplify the entire software delivery process so that software engineering teams can move fast and ship code effortlessly without the fear of breaking things. That’s why we’re bringing the industry’s first Continuous Delivery-as-a-Service platform to the market.
Harness uses a unique machine learning and AI-based approach to continuously verify the performance, quality, and security of highly complex software systems and automates the entire software delivery process.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur, Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7 Billion. We’re backed with $60M Series-B funding from top-tier VC firms Menlo Ventures, IVP, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and ServiceNow Ventures.
We are looking for a Technical Writer who can create and manage high-quality content targeted to a variety of audiences including developers, DevOps, and management. Content topics range from technical implementation guides to product features guides to software deployment and configuration best practices.
- Create, edit, and manage content for both internal and external audiences across multiple channels. This includes customer-facing help content, internal knowledge base, developer documentation, etc.
- Work closely with Support Engineers, Sales Engineers, and Customer Success to identify content gaps and improvement areas.
- Interact with Product Managers, R&D Engineers, and Product Marketing on content for new product releases.
- Own release notes and new features announcements.
- Lead the self-serve new user onboarding. This includes wizards, in-app content, videos, etc.
- Champion internal training materials for new and existing employees
- Ensure Harness goes above and beyond to consistently deliver a delightful support experience in our support portal
- 5+ years as a technical writer for a technical, software solution.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment based on the needs of internal teams and customers.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with Product Managers, R&D, and customer-facing teams.
- Even better if you have: Experience with CI/CD technologies & tools
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Confluence
What You Will Have at Harness
- Experience building a transformative product
- High learning opportunity
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Fun work environment
- Competitive salary, health benefits, early-stage Stock Options
- A great team who will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish your goals
Technical Writer Job
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality, and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run business that makes the world run better and improves people’s lives.
LOCATION – Whitefield, Bangalore
ROLE – User Assistance Developer/Technical Writer (Digital Supply Chain Logistics)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Transportation & Logistics domain is one of the biggest investment areas for companies that are optimizing their supply chain processes to reduce costs and increase customer service levels.
SAP is the leading provider of Transportation management solutions as per ARC and leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. SAP is investing in S4HANA Transportation and Warehouse management solutions On Cloud to serve the high demand in the market and maintain its leadership position in this area.
The S4HANA Transportation Management on Cloud development team is looking for highly motivated individuals to develop best-in-class software solutions for this market. We are looking for an experienced and customer-focused User Assistance Developer (Technical Writer) to join our development team “DSC Logistics” located in Bangalore. In your role, you will be based in a local development team in Bangalore but will work closely with other UA colleagues across the globe.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Researching, planning, and creating user assistance (UA) deliverables (both text and multimedia) in close collaboration with the development teams, UX designers, and other stakeholders to enable users to deploy, administer, and use the SAP software.
- Ensuring that the UA deliverables are of high quality, adhere to standards and guidelines, and are written in an appropriate style and tone for product and audience according to the target group and target market.
- Proofreading and editing content for usability, readability, and linguistic correctness.
- Planning and coordinating the UA deliverables and milestones for a product area or a larger project, as applicable.
- Participating actively in cross-company projects to improve UA tools, processes, concepts, or content.
- Contributing to strategic concepts and processes for continuous improvements to UA tools, processes, and content
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A good to an excellent university degree in technical communication or a related subject or a language-based university degree.
- Ideally first-language proficiency in English, or excellent written and spoken skills in English, preferably with excellent written and spoken skills in one or more local languages.
- The ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner.
- Outstanding communication, writing, and grammar skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, deliver on time and ensure high quality.
- Flexibility and a readiness to communicate with other team members and to participate in knowledge transfer.
- A willingness to acquire extensive product knowledge and learn new skills at short notice.
- Excellent organizational skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing
- 5+ years of experience in working in a commercial environment
- Experience of MS Office applications, especially MS Word and MS PowerPoint
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an email with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual – Asia-Pacific
Job Segment: Technical Writer, Copy Editor, Proofreading, ERP, Writing, Technology, Creative