Job Description of Technical Architect
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of our IT systems and oversee programs to ensure that proper architecture is implemented. As a
Technical Architect at _____________________(Name of the company), it will be your primary responsibility to ensure that the technical architecture is suitable within the context of the client’s technology stack and is aligned with the skills and profile of the development team.
As a technical architect, you will be working on IT projects from start to finish. This essentially means that you need to set up and maintain computer networks, systems, and other infrastructure of the business. You will be required to liaise with people from different backgrounds from management to designers and programmers in the IT Department to ensure that the project meets the needs of the organization and the people who will be using it. Having hands-on experience in software development and the ability to manage complex programs is a necessity for this role.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Work as project manager, keeping in mind all aspects of each system from a business as well as technical point of view
- Must take responsibility for the overall technical direction of the project and product
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Conduct research from time to time to ascertain those third-party solutions that are most appropriate and suggest ways of integrating them
- Keeping a constant check on the quality and effectiveness of the code so that at no point there is a deviation from the industry standard
- Monitor the technical competencies of the company by looking for new technology and techniques
- Oversee assigned programs and provide guidance to team members
- Help to solve technical problems when they arise
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as Technical Architect or Project Manager
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT Solutions
- Knowledge of select coding languages and operating systems like Unix, Oracle, SQL
- Experience in cloud technology
- Superior communication skills
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and adapt
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
(An introduction in brief about the company and what is done here)
Job Samples from Other Companies
Technical Architect – Dynamics
The Business Applications (Dynamics) Finance & Operations Partner Technical Architect (PTA) role is key to Microsoft’s partner engagement strategy. The key responsibility of a PTA is to assess, enable, and build a partner’s functional and technical capability, lead technical activities for building solutions, and support pre-sales for customer opportunities. The PTA should possess deep solution and technical expertise to be able to lead technical activities in collaboration with Microsoft teams and the partner.
The PTA will own the technical engagement including envisioning briefings, technical briefings, business architecture, solution architecture, architectural design reviews, proof of concept, and manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans. The focus of the role is to deliver upon Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem; to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership.
The PTA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term partner-led revenue, accelerate cloud adoption, and support a Microsoft partner’s own digital transformation.
The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) will drive practice-based partner functional and technical capabilities in collaboration with the Partner Technology Strategist (PTS). This is a partner-facing role that is accountable for developing and supporting practices in both existing and newly recruited partners. Key responsibilities include:
Assess the partner functional & technical capabilities and support PTS’s on designing a custom learning path based on the identified gaps. Plan testing environments and review existing operational and delivery technical models.
Deliver deep level technical workshops, executing on the defined learning path, and developing technical aspects of key scenarios defined in the technology roadmap. Enable and teach the partner in performing and delivering Architecture Design Session (ADS). Provide guidance for completing competency/qualifications technical requirements.
- Enable the partner via envisioning and technical briefings to identify technology opportunities that enable and/or support the creation of differentiated offers in the market.
- Enable the partner in creating/adapting SOW for the offers, defining the delivery/operational models, and including adoption services and activities.
- Enable the partner to be successful during pre-sales activities which include delivery of Proof of Concepts (POC), Pilots, Prototypes, Demos and technical blockers and objections removal.
- Enable the partner to discover ways to automated solutions to reduce costs and create repeatability, while documenting processes for knowledge retention and IP, and supporting the co-sell of these solutions through Microsoft’s digital marketplace.
- Collaborate with engineering’s BAG team (Business Application Group) on building partner-led IP for vertical industries.
- Drive partner & customer success in D365 implementations, by collaborating with the FastTrack program, delivering Architect boot camps, and leading partner’s architecture review sessions on specific FastTrack milestones.
The identified candidate will have required experiences and skills in:
- Deep understanding of cloud adoption, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
- Ability to create deep technical relationships and assess the level of the partner technical roles, designing a time-effective learning path and evaluate the progress toward the defined milestones.
- Deep technical skill on business application platform, functional and technical components of the D365 F&O platform, and significant experience in the relevant practice area and technology focus.
- Technical experience in extending business applications solutions via other Microsoft workloads, including Data & AI, Azure Services, and other Intelligence Cloud components.
- Experience in vertical industries, proven by projects implemented with substantial business processes covering services areas.
- Understand how to leverage technology solutions for supporting business goals, providing guidance on supported and not supported technical scenarios. Capability to design and implement practice-based architectures or equivalent competitive experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
NUCLEUS SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS PTE LTD
Technical Architect – Job Description
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work towards Improving the architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Setup Architecture and Design guidelines for the platforms for multi-country roll-outs
- Develop and Define Architecture Standards
- Develop and Define Application Architecture Standards
- Provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem-solving ability to customer
- Work collaboratively with the development team, technical lead, and business analyst to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both core and supporting systems.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
- Assists in technology selection decisions; manage technology risk for the project team
- Works with Infrastructure partners to set up development, testing, and production environments
- Works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirement are complete and appropriate
- Ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy, and security requirements
- Designs Frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- Proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Develops and maintains system documentation
- Effectively communicate and coordinate across multiple technical disciplines such as database, object-oriented, and Web Front end
Experience and Skills
- 10-12 years of experience in Architecting, Designing, Developing the applications/product using Java/J2EE in the Banking domain
- Experience in J2EE system architecture analysis and design
- Rich Experience in application, integration, and data architecture
- Should have driven the J2EE architectural related tracks
- Extensive experience in Struts, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Webservices, and Oracle
- Extensive experience in UML Design
- Experience in Message Queues: JMS-MQ, JMS-MDB, MQs
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and AIX
- Should have worked in Eclipse, JUnit, Ant
- Nice to have design-related experience in BPM platforms
- Experience in designing the platforms targeted for multi-country roll-outs
- Experience in Estimation and Proof Of Concept for New Technical area
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have rich experience in providing technical guidance to Leads and perform technical Reviews
- Should possess good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Should have strong client management and interaction experience with Senior Management
- Ability to effectively manage small teams
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive new initiatives
APPVANTAGE PTE. LTD
Roles & Responsibilities
- We are a young & passionate team of digital strategists, designers, and developers who’ve implemented major digital projects for global corporations across the Asia & Pacific region.
- In light of our continued expansion, we’re currently seeking a Technical Architect to join our team in Singapore.
- Are you ready for an exciting new adventure in a pivotal role at Appvantage Asia?
The selected candidate shall be responsible for the following:
- Act as the primary translator between the business and technical side of Appvantage
- Manage internal developers and external vendors/ partners that Appvantage has in its development organization
- Architecting, managing and directing the implementation of present and future projects
- Ensure robust development and strategic alignment between front-end & back-end technologies.
- Provide regular updates on the overall development progress to the management team.
- Re-think and implement best practices development processes within Appvantage, including setting up and managing a code-review regime within Appvantage.
- Identify resourcing needs and satisfying those needs by suggesting tools and/or hiring staff for Appvantage’s development arm.
- Read up on industry trends, both within the tech and automobile, and apply/ formulate an approach to how these trends can help to shape Appvantage’s future.
- Excellent communicator both in written and spoken English.
- Proven record of design and development of scalable applications in an Enterprise/Startup setting.
- Experience in managing Agile product development across regional teams.
- Has hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and testing.
- Experience with the Cloud, Caching, WebDev Tools, Versioning, Automated testing, and DBs.
- Demonstrate the willingness to learn new technologies and to apply these where appropriate.
- Ability to effectively communicate across 3rd parties, technical and business Product Managers.
- Experience with a variety of back-end and front-end software languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in the Automotive & Financial Services Domain preferred.
- >6 years professional experience with at least 2 years as a Technical Architect.