Sous Chef Interview Questions
In restaurant kitchens, sous chefs are the second-in-command. They are responsible for overseeing food preparation and cooking and report to the head chef. They also supervise the kitchen personnel to guarantee that food is prepared quickly and deliciously, as well as enforce food safety regulations. They also supervise the kitchen personnel to guarantee that food is prepared quickly and deliciously, as well as enforce food safety regulations.
Sous chefs are responsible for ensuring that the kitchen works smoothly. When the head chef isn’t available, the sous chef takes over.
Sous Chef interview questions:
- What kind of culinary training did you have and how much experience do you have?
- What role does the sous chef perform in a kitchen, in your opinion?
- What are your favorite sorts of cuisine to prepare?
- Would you rather work a brunch or evening shift?
- Do you find it difficult to stay on your feet for an entire shift?
- The majority of our work is done in the nights and on weekends. Are you available at those times if necessary?
- Are you willing to discipline coworkers if necessary?
- Have you ever gone above and beyond to prepare a special dish for a customer? Describe the situation.
- Do you speak any other languages?
- What are some of the most critical aspects of kitchen food safety?
- What changes would you make to our classic spaghetti meal to accommodate a vegetarian’s dietary restrictions?
- Do you have experience with restaurant computer software? Which particular programs have you previously used?
- Are you willing to assist in the training of line cooks or other members of the kitchen staff?
- What would you do if a customer returned a plate to the kitchen?