Senior Accountant Interview Questions
A senior accountant is responsible for making important financial decisions, forecasting tax returns, assisting in audit and budget preparations and more. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and decision-making skills along with deep knowledge of the domain.
Below are questions to help you find the right person for the role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a senior accountant should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What is your management style?
- What is your leadership style?
- How do you deal with conflicts in team?
- How do you stay updated with latest tax laws and accounting standards?
- Which type of accounting systems have you used in the past?
- Tell us about a time you made a significant accounting error. How did you rectify it? What did this mistake teach you?
- How do you go about preparing a budget?
- How do you monitor your team’s work and performance?
- Tell us about your experience in presenting and explaining financial data to non-finance staff.
- Tell us about a project where you had to execute a complex financial process with a tight deadline.
- Tell us about your comfort with tight deadlines.
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.