Safety Officer Interview Questions
When interviewing candidates for the role of a safety officer, ensure you ask questions that show their knowledge of the safety norms and rules of your state or country. As these individuals deal with the safety and protection of people, inspect centres and urge people to abide by the protocols, it might be wise to choose a candidate with prior experience in the field.
The below questions will help you find the right person to fill the role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a safety officer should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How would you conduct a workplace safety audit?
- You notice certain workers not following the safety rules. What would you do?
- What would you do if they continue to ignore your requests?
- How do you reconcile safety measures with resource expenditures?
- How do you stay updated on the latest safety regulations?
- What do you know about the safety measures for scaffolding?
- What do you know about health and safety hazards in the genre of this company?
- How do you compute noise exposure?
- Tell us about a time when a mishap happened despite your application of all safety norms. What did you do? What was the actual cause?
- Tell us about a time when you were blamed for an accident without your fault?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.