Remote Job Interview Questions
Whether you want to fill a position with talent from a different geographical location or have an opening for a work from a home job given the new normal of the business world (thanks to the pandemic), these questions will help you close the gap that exists between a physical interview and a remote interview.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- What do you think are the challenges you can face while working remotely? Did you face any in your previous role? How did you sort them?
- How do you manage your personal and professional life given your office and home is now the same place?
- Do you have a laptop, good internet connectivity and personal space to work in?
- What would you do if you had internet issues during a meeting with a client or your manager?
- What would your next step be if you’d urgent work at hand and your team wasn’t online?
- How does a typical remote workday look like for you? How do you schedule your day?
- Which communication tools or apps do you use? How comfortable are you with technology?
- Defend the remuneration package you are seeking.