Real Estate Agent Interview Questions
A real estate agent is a licensed individual who facilitates real estate transactions by matching buyers and sellers and representing them in negotiations. Real estate agents are normally paid entirely by commission—a percentage of the property’s selling price—so their revenue is contingent on their ability to close a transaction.
This list of Real Estate Agent interview questions will assist you in identifying qualified applicants:
- What do you know about negotiating sales and leases for a variety of property types?
- Tell me about a time when you struggled to build a rapport with a property owner, lender, tenant, or broker. What would you have done differently if you could go back in time?
- How do you sell houses using the Internet and social media?
- How can you stay prepared and make sure you never skip or arrive late for an appointment?
- Have you used video and virtual tours to advertise your home before?
- What is the most difficult aspect of accompanying prospective clients on property tours?
- Have you ever designed marketing materials before?
- What is one way to prevent showing the same customer several properties for months on end?
- What characteristics do you think to make a good real estate agent?
- Tell me about a time when you made a blunder on a contract, lease, or another piece of paper. What did you do, and what would you do differently if you could?
- Do you have any real estate licenses?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult owner or client who was looking to buy a house. What steps did you take to deal with the situation?