Job Description for a Product Manager
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. You will need to be able to perform and lead in an environment where tasks may be unstructured, have a wide implication and several different outcomes.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with the public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Create long- and short-term product sales forecasts and analysis for management
- Bring new products to market with return-on-investment analysis
- Market new products with sales, advertising and production teams
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand
- Schedule and assign operational requirements to follow up on work results
- Manage the product team, including coaching and disciplinary actions, planning, monitoring and job appraisal
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
Skill sets/Experience we require:
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Proven track record of working with designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to coordinate, plan, execute, and track product releases from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding project and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to think outside the box and roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies is also a plus.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- MBA/ PGD in marketing will be preferred
Sample Job Descriptions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or product design experience, with a focus on internet products and technologies.
- Experience in software development.
- End-to-end product management experience with software/web technologies.
- Knowledge of the internet, search engines and online advertising spaces.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, or Marketing.
- Understanding of user experience (UX) and business/commercial challenges.
- Understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, subscriptions, etc.).
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Google aims to build products that organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer-facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
- Define, lead, and execute a holistic strategy to work towards strategic business goals; collaborate across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance and iterate constantly and quickly. Identify opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Engage closely with Engineering teams to determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Synthesize and drive product strategy from interactions with customers, business stakeholders, Legal, and Policy teams; build and manage an actionable product roadmap.
- Launch solutions that solve customer challenges.
As a Product Manager, you develop and manage the vision of manageability and simplicity product roadmaps to ensure clear simplicity and value to our customers. Through research both internally and externally, you will drive the vision and requirements to change/competitive environments including product positioning, feature definition, and overall product strategy. A strong understanding of Product and Manageability tools, Cloud-based user experiences and Service offerings. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in a dynamic high-tech environment are crucial to your success.
- Develop product roadmaps, feature definition for NetApp manageability tools and products
- Work with UX team in defining requirements for user interface design
- Act as product owner in agile development methodology
- Software licensing and part number creation for ordering
- Responsible to work with cross-functional groups within the company that includes other BU Product Managers, Technical Marketing, Engineering, and Product Marketing to ensure successful execution of projects and product/solution rollout
- Establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Track general business indicators, including software, attach rate
- Compare with competitive offerings to guide sales as well as drive product requirements
- Work with Technical and Product Marketing to create field training & customer-facing sales collateral
- Present to sales and customers, and represent NetApp at relevant conferences/trade shows.
- Experience in the area of Manageability and Enterprise *as a service capabilities are Must-Have
- Experience in different ecosystem like Virtualization, and Hybrid Cloud Solutions is highly desirable
- Storage experience is highly desirable
- Experience developing MRD/PRD as it relates to enterprise environments
- Strong technical background to enable describing requirements to engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Product Management experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of NetApp’s products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favourable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- A B.Tech degree is required, And MBA would be preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
Operating in 29 markets across Asia Pacific, with over 2000 local staff, serving premium top blue-chip customers in the travel industry – from travel agencies, airlines, hotels, car rentals and insurance providers. Sabre has grown its presence significantly over the years, in order to tap on the immense potential of the world’s fastest-growing region. Sabre’s end-to-end technologies help create a differentiated portfolio of solutions and services driven by data and insights on how the travel business operates in the Asia Pacific.
We help our travel partners create better customer experiences, optimize business operations and enhance competitiveness. As we continue to grow in the region, our people are AND will always be our biggest asset & investment, where we continue to bring together the best talent and help them achieve their own career aspirations in a truly global company.
Sabre Travel Network’s Cruise business is a well-established offering in the North American marketplace. We are looking for a Product Manager that takes on the modernization and Global Expansion of the cruise offering as well as its integration into a larger cross-content retail platform.
As Product Manager you will act as the CEO of the product, creating and driving an innovative product vision and strategy aligned with Sabre’s organizational strategy and the competitive landscape. Furthermore, you will be responsible to rigorously monitor your product through the full product lifecycle, from development to sunset. As Product Manager you will have end-to-end responsibility, understand and manage operational metrics, customer needs, organizational priorities, go-to-market messaging, revenue and cost implications.
- Work closely with Line of Business Owner to develop product roadmap and vision
- Build Business Case to support necessary product investments
- Work with Development teams on product marketecture and implementation
- Define go-to market strategy and pricing
- Work with Product Marketing on go to market and sales enablement materials
- Manage the Product P&L
- Define investment score and prioritize investment decisions
- Keep track of competitive and market landscape
- Education: Bachelor or equivalent
- Experience: at least 3years in product management, technical product management or related role within a technology company
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent English communication skills
- Interest in Collaborative Design Thinking
- Professional Curiosity/Willingness to take calculated risks
- Customer Focused
- Commercially and Financially Responsible
Sabre Corporation is the leading technology provider to the global travel industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management.
Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than US$120 billion of global travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre serves customers in more than 160 countries around the world.